Irvine, CA, October 27, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- SK&A, A Cegedim Company, a leading provider of healthcare information solutions and research, recently released its updated “Physician Office Usage of Electronic Health Records Software” report, which identified the correlation between office size, number of exam rooms and average daily patient volume with the likelihood of EHR adoption.
The report, which was based on an ongoing telephone survey of 237,562 U.S. medical sites, showed an overall EHR adoption rate of 40.4 percent and revealed the following correlations:
· EHR adoption rises as the number of physicians practicing at each site rises. Offices with one practicing physician had 30.8-percent adoption, while offices with 26-plus practicing physicians had 75.5-percent adoption.
· EHR adoption rises as the number of exam rooms at each site rises. Offices with one exam room had 28.2-percent adoption, while offices with 11-plus exam rooms had 64.1-percent adoption.
· EHR adoption rises as the average daily patient volume at each site rises. Offices with average daily patient volumes of one to 50 patients had 36-percent adoption, while offices with 101-plus patients had 66.1-percent adoption.
“This update of the ‘Physician Office Usage of Electronic Health Records Software’ report illustrates a significant, timely opportunity to reach out to and educate decision makers in smaller physician offices on the benefits of adopting EHR,” said Dave Escalante, Vice President and General Manager of SK&A and OneKey. “The insights available in this report will guide healthcare IT solution vendors and consultants directly to this untapped segment of the market.”
Additional findings of the study include EHR adoption rates and growth by software application, site ownership, region, state and practice specialty.
Another ongoing survey by SK&A, entitled “EHR Adoption in Medical Offices: Looking Forward,” provides deeper insights for EHR adoption and intent; including timeframes for adoption, buying factors, primary decision makers and awareness of government incentives. Key findings in this survey of 40,000 U.S. medical sites include:
· Most physician offices (72.6 percent) have not yet determined a timeframe for EHR adoption.
· Cost is the most important buying factor for 16.7 percent of physician offices; however, 70.7 percent have indicated no single main buying factor.
· One-fifth (20.8 percent) of physician offices are unaware of EHR government incentives.
SK&A has assumed the leading role in measuring medical office adoption rates of EHR through its comprehensive survey methodology. In February of this year, SK&A was awarded a multiyear contract from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT to track adoption rates and planned usage.
Editor's Note: For a copy of SK&A’s “Physician Office Usage of Electronic Health Records Software” report or its one-page “EHR Adoption in Medical Offices: Looking Forward” sample report, please contact SK&A Director of Marketing Jack Schember at 800-752-5478, ext. 1259.
A Cegedim Company:
SK&A is a leading provider of healthcare information solutions and research. SK&A, as part of Cegedim’s global OneKey® offering, researches and maintains contact and profiling information for over two million healthcare practitioners, including 800,000-plus U.S. prescribers. SK&A also offers the only 100-percent telephone-verified database of email addresses of prescribers and professionals working at active healthcare sites. SK&A’s customers include many of America’s most recognized healthcare, life sciences and pharmaceutical companies. Please visit www.skainfo.com for more information or www.skalivecounts.com for counts and ordering. SK&A is part of the France-based Cegedim S.A. Group.
Founded in 1969, Cegedim is a global technology and services company specializing in the healthcare field. Cegedim supplies services, technological tools, specialized software, data flow management services and databases. Its offerings are targeted notably at healthcare industries, life sciences companies, healthcare professionals and insurance companies. The world leader in life sciences CRM, Cegedim is also one of the leading suppliers of strategic healthcare industry data. Cegedim employs 8,500 people in more than 80 countries and generated revenue of €927 million in 2010. Cegedim SA is listed in Paris (EURONEXT: CGM).
To learn more, please visit: www.cegedim.com
SK&A, A Cegedim Company
Director of Marketing
Tel.: (+1) 949.255.1259
Tel.: +33 (0)1 49 09 68 81