Queensland, Australia, April 21, 2007 --(PR.com
)-- Babya today announced BabyaTV - an easy to use but powerful audio/video capture application that saves to QuickTime format (.mov) - which is ideal for use in iMovie, iDVD, websites or Final Cut Studio.
The outputted files can even be used on Windows PC's with QuickTime 7 or later and applications such as Babya OneVideo.
Features of BabyaTV include:
* Includes a set of Cocoa wrappers to Sequence Grabber classes
* The app itself is written in Cocoa
* Universal binary
* Captures movies using Sequence Grabber
* Performs real-time preview of audio and video
* Supports arbitrary numbers of source SGChannels
* Supports saving of Sequence Grabber settings files
* Supports restoration of previous captures from saved Sequence Grabber
* Demonstrates video preview outside the Sequence Grabber using the SGDataProc -> ICMDecompressionSession -> CIImage -> NSOpenGLView
* Supports real-time scaling of video preview (live-resizing)
* Supports setting video preview codec quality (low, normal, high, etc.)
* Supports dynamic throttling of video preview fps
* Shows standard SGSettingsDialog for video channel configuration
* Demonstrates getting/setting most audio properties, including:
* Listing record devices
* Selection of record device
* Selection of record device input selection
* Selection of record device stream format
* Setting of record device master and per-channel gain (in hardware or software)
* Enabling/disabling source channels on record device
* Assignment of audio channel labels to source channels
* Solo'ing and muting of source record channels
* Record device per-channel level metering
* Listing of preview devices
* Selection of preview device
* Selection of preview device output selection
* Selection of preview device stream format
* Setting of preview device master gain
* Hardware playthru or software real-time preview
* Selection of output format (including VBR formats, sample rate conversion, down-mixing, etc.)
Babya's A.A. Fussy said, "BabyaTV is the easiest way to capture video and audio into QuickTime format. It's ideal for broacasting or film-making."
Pricing and Availability:
BabyaTV will be available as a free download for Mac OS X in late May.
Babya Software Group is an award-winning developer of digital media software for Mac and Windows, including bSuite, Babya OneVideo, bPicture, Babya Firestorm, Babya Photo Workshop and Babya Logic.
Babya's software has won many awards over the past several years, including 5 stars (Babya bSuite, 2005), a Softpedia Pick and 100% clean award (2006) and has been featured in magazines such as PC Utilities and PC Format.