Catonsville, MD, November 06, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- Outskirts Press, Inc. has published Middle School Science Education: Building Foundations of Scientific Understanding, Vol. III, Grades 6-8 by Bernard J. Nebel, Ph.D. The author's most recent book to date is a 8.25 x 11 paperback in the elementary education category and is available worldwide on book retailer websites such as Amazon and Barnes & Noble. The webpage at www.outskirtspress.com/BFSU was launched simultaneously with the book's publication.
No one would dream of teaching math as a helter-skelter of computational skills and concepts. Yet, this is what typically occurs in teaching science at the K-8 level.
There is a difference, however, in the author’s Building Foundations of Scientific Understanding series. Nebel constructs and organizes lessons so that scientific skills are developed and integrated in a systematic, logical way while still allowing flexibility to accommodate the individuality of children.
Nebel shows how:
• Skills of inquiry and rational thought become habits of mind as each lesson draws students, hands-on, to examine, reflect, question, discuss, test, and reason their way toward rational conclusions.
• Lessons become meaningful and retention is enhanced by constantly relating lessons to real-world experience.
• Standards are achieved, not by teaching to the test, but by being natural outcomes of integrated learning.
• Math, reading, writing, and other subjects are easily integrated. (Lists of additional readings are provided with each lesson).
• Special training for teachers is not required. Teachers will learn along with their students and be excellent role models in doing so. Costs are kept minimal by utilizing commonly available items and materials.
504 pages in length, Middle School Science Education: Building Foundations of Scientific Understanding, Vol. III, Grades 6-8 is being aggressively promoted to appropriate markets with a focus on the elementary education category. With U.S. wholesale distribution through Ingram and Baker & Taylor, and pervasive online availability through Amazon, Barnes & Noble and elsewhere, Middle School Science Education meets consumer demand through both retail and library markets with a suggested retail price of $34.95.
Additionally, Middle School Science Education can be ordered by retailers or wholesalers for the maximum trade discount price set by the author in quantities of ten or more from the Outskirts Press Direct bookstore at www.outskirtspress.com/bookstore.
ISBN: 9781432770334 Format: 8.25 x 11 paperback SRP: $34.95
For more information or to contact the author, visit www.outskirtspress.com/BFSU.
About the author:
B. J. Nebel, Ph.D. was an early initiator of environmental science education and authored a still widely used text, Environmental Science (Prentice Hall, 1981, and subsequent editions). Challenged by the need for and potential of early science education, Nebel has now devoted himself to this K-8 series, Building Foundations of Scientific Understanding, which is being acclaimed by users as the best elementary science curriculum found anywhere (see reviews on Amazon.com).
About Outskirts Press, Inc.
Outskirts Press, Inc. offers full-service, custom self-publishing and book marketing services for authors seeking a cost-effective, fast, and flexible way to publish and distribute their books worldwide while retaining all their rights and full creative control. Available for authors globally at www.outskirtspress.com and located on the outskirts of Denver, Colorado, Outskirts Press represents the future of book publishing, today.
Outskirts Press, Inc., 10940 S. Parker Rd - 515, Parker, Colorado 80134