PR.com: Business Directory, Press Releases, Jobs, Products, Services, Articles
 
Businesses Articles Press Releases Follow @PRcom
Press Release Pricing | News by Category | News by Country | News by US Region | Recent News | PR.com News on Your Site
 

Press Releases

 
BigSweetDeal

Press Release


Receive press releases from BigSweetDeal: By Email RSS Feeds:

South Jersey Residents Urged to #OccupyRestaurants by Startup BigSweetDeal


"Occupy Restaurants: because they have empty tables to fill, and need your help," claims BigSweetDeal. While launching their new #occupyrestaurants campaign, featuring 99 cents off your first purchase, for "the 99%."

Cherry Hill, NJ, November 19, 2011 --(PR.com)-- From Wall Street to Oakland, large groups of Americans are occupying places across the country. They join together to protest against the top 1% of wealth holders, and search for a solution to bring some of that wealth back to the other 99%. While solutions are sparse, one New Jersey startup, BigSweetDeal, has started a movement they think will help. They’re encouraging people to "Occupy Restaurants;" and to help spur the movement, they’re offering "the 99%" an additional 99 cents off their first purchase.

“Is this a joke? No. I honestly believe if people Occupy Restaurants with BigSweetDeal, it will make a difference for the 99%,” said BigSweetDeal CEO and Co-Founder Mark Rosenberg. “We work primarily with quality, independent restaurants. Back in the 1970’s independent restaurants made up 85% of all restaurants, compared to only 12% today. This correlates in the exact opposite direction with the decline of the 99%’s income.” Rosenberg referred to the statistic that on an annual basis, the top 1% of income earners had the smallest amount of the total income earned by all back in 1976, which is stood at just 8.9%, compared with around 25% today. “It’s more than just a correlation though, it makes sense logically. If independent restaurants, whose owners are in the 99%, do well, that’s more money to the 99% as opposed to going to big corporate chains. Independent restaurants are also far less likely to import goods from overseas, and the money they make, they spend on goods within the community.”

To support this new movement, BigSweetDeal is offering a limited time promotion of 99 cents off any purchase. This offer can be taken advantage of by going to bigsweetdeal.com/promo and using the code "WeAre99".

BigSweetDeal COO and Co-Founder Garrett Gillin said, “With offering great discounts already, our #OccupyRestaurants campaign is just one more reason for people to eat local.”

About BigSweetDeal: BigSweetDeal is a new startup which recently entered the daily deal sector, but with a unique twist. Similar to how Hotwire and Priceline works for hotels, BigSweetDeal works with local restaurants which have empty tables to fill, and fills those tables by offering customers deep discounts, so deep that they can only be offered through unpublished rates (the name of the restaurant is not displayed until after a purchase). BigSweetDeal offers discounts ranging from 25% to 90% off, boasts a wide variety of cuisine types, and backs up each purchase with a Satisfaction Guarantee. BigSweetDeal currently operates only in Camden and Gloucester county New Jersey, but plans to expand into nearby markets in the next few months.

###
Contact Information
BigSweetDeal
Garrett Gillin
609 379 3325
Contact
www.bigsweetdeal.com

Click here to view the list of recent Press Releases from BigSweetDeal
Promote Your Business