Boston, MA, December 08, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- Northeastern University’s College of Business Administration (CBA) today announced the appointment of seven new full-time faculty members and its new Senior Associate Dean and Dean of Faculty, demonstrating its commitment to provide students with access to a distinguished, world-class faculty.
“Our faculty members are leaders in their fields and are hired based on their academic achievement and experience,” said Harry Lane, Acting Dean, College of Business Administration. “We are extremely pleased that these professors have joined the college and are part of the team that is developing and shaping the next generation of global business leaders.”
Professor of Accounting and newly appointed Senior Associate Dean and Dean of Faculty, Marjorie Platt, has been with the college for 29 years as a professor and most recently faculty head of the accounting group. Dr. Platt’s current research focuses in two areas: the prediction of corporate bankruptcy and financial distress; and how cold calling during class discussions affects student preparation for class, frequency of participation, comfort with class participation, and learning from class discussion.
“Professor Platt has shown tremendous dedication and contribution to research, teaching, leadership, and mentoring junior faculty,” continued Acting Dean Lane. “Her dedication to the classroom environment and our faculty’s research is unparalleled.”
The seven new full-time faculty members who joined CBA staff are:
· Alvaro Cuervo-Cazurra, Associate Professor of International Business and Strategy – PhD, Behavioral and Policy Sciences, Massachusetts Institute of Technology University
· Annique Un, Associate Professor of International Business and Strategy – PhD, Strategic and International Management, Massachusetts Institute of Technology University
· Ronen Gal-Or, Assistant Professor of Accounting – PhD, Finance, University of Arizona
· Tiantian Gu, Assistant Professor of Finance – PhD, Finance, University of Wisconsin-Madison
· Robert R. O’Haver, Senior Academic Specialist of Accounting – PhD, Economics, City University of New York
· Colin Reid, Assistant Professor of Accounting – PhD, Accounting, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
· Yu Xia, Associate Professor of Information, Operations & Analysis – PhD, Business Administration, Washington State University
To learn more about our faculty members, please visit: www.cba.neu.edu/faculty/.
About Northeastern University College of Business Administration
Northeastern University College of Business Administration, established in 1922, provides its students—undergraduate, graduate and executive—with the education, tools and experience necessary to launch and accelerate successful business careers. The college credits its success to expert faculty, close partnerships with the business community, and its emphasis on rigorous academics combined with experiential learning.
The college is highly ranked by several prestigious publications. Bloomberg Businessweek has ranked its undergraduate program #1 in internships for six consecutive years. The Bachelor of Science in International Business program is ranked 19th in the nation by US News & World Report. Its entrepreneurship program is ranked #9 in the country by The Princeton Review and Entrepreneur magazine. The full-time MBA program is ranked #56 in the nation’s top U.S. MBA programs by both Bloomberg Businessweek and U.S. News & World Report.
For more information, visit the college’s award-winning site at www.cba.neu.edu.
PerkettPR for Northeastern University College of Business Administration