Charlotte, NC, December 14, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- Jay Joyce, President of The Idea People in Charlotte, NC, has worked with hundreds of companies on thousands of web and Internet development projects. The Idea People have assembled this list as a result of client and industry trends for web design and website development.
What are some web design trends to incorporate in 2012?
1. Mobile and smart phones. Mobile and smart phone web design have their own requirements and languages outside of your main website. Mobile websites should be specifically designed for the mobile experience. Tighter navigation, limited graphics, links to view the full HTML site, and easy contact forms with directions to your location. Mobile web design is concise, creative, and built for the mobile user experience.
2. Web design for user experience. The Idea People have always designed websites for the user. When The Idea People began in 1994, search engine optimization was not at the forefront of the web design experience. Zoom forward to today, and the Panda releases from Google in 2011 have put all web designers and SEO's on alert that Google is now evaluating web user experience from a human perspective. This is a major element that will evolve over time in their search result algorithms. So a business' web design should be well-organized, easy-to-navigate, "feel trustworthy and reliable," and be presented as a source of "expertise" and "knowledge." Human traits are now important in web design and user experience. Design for users first, search engines second.
3. Video. The search engines and users love video. A rich media experience is at the top of the list for well-designed websites. Video elevates and enhances a superb user experience. But the video production needs to be targeted, appropriate and highly-relevant to the topic of each page. Video grew by leaps in 2011 as more and more consumers used video as a resource on their iPads, smart phones, laptops and desktops. Video captures emotion and can touch more senses than any other medium. Video from The Idea People is highly-relative to products and services that are unique with your brand.
4. Custom content development. Never before has one element of web design been so important as content. Yes, content is part of web design and is extremely important for creating longer user experiences and stronger search engine rankings. Custom content is highly-relative to the keywords and information that users are searching for. The Idea People creates and markets custom content in-house, just like this news article.
5. Social media extensions. Your customers are using social media at new levels and for longer periods of time than ever before. The creative web design that is created for a main HTML website should be extended to the social media pages. Facebook, Twitter, Blogger, WordPress, and YouTube should each have the creative design elements from the main website. Social media continues to grow with acceptance on all levels of audiences. And social media is blending closer with your Internet marketing tactics as the search engines begin to integrate social media into search results. Social media and HTML web design will grow closer and closer together as 2012 unfolds.
To learn more about Charlotte web design trends, contact Jay Joyce at The Idea People at 704-398-4437 or email email@example.com. The Idea People have been a leader in web design trends and technologies since 1994.