Minneapolis, MN, December 15, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- Ultralingua, well known for their wide array of language reference applications, is pleased to announce the availability of their popular French-English translation dictionary in the Mac App Store this week.
This new line of dictionary software for the Mac App Store grew from Ultralingua’s long history of developing for Mac OS. The application draws on the same established French-English dictionary data that powers Ultralingua’s desktop, mobile, and web-based products to provide Mac users with all of the tools they need to study French and English languages successfully.
The French-English language software includes a suite of reference features designed for ease of use and reliability.
• Bilingual dictionary includes nearly 300,000 translations, usage examples, related phrases, and more. Entries include parts of speech, gender, and pronunciation guides to help language learners choose the right word among various translations for each entry.
• Ultralingua’s unique verb conjugation tool allows users to conjugate thousands of English and French verbs in all standard tenses and forms. Users can search conjugated or irregular verb forms to determine the infinitive, and browse or study the full conjugation lists to master each tense.
• Users can create, organize, study, and edit flashcards to meet their unique needs. Create new cards from dictionary entries or from scratch, and review them in full-screen playback mode at the speed and order of your choosing.
• The number translator instantly provides written forms of any number in French or English.
• A references section includes complete grammar and usage instructions for everything from written correspondence to prepositions and modal verbs. It’s full of helpful information for language learners and fluent speakers alike.
Chief Technology Officer Jeff Ondich commented on the launch, “This company was founded on a French-English dictionary for the Mac nearly fifteen years ago. We’ve grown alongside Apple, moving into new platforms and technologies over the years, as each step represented a natural progression for our users and our company. Needless to say, when the Mac App Store was announced earlier this year we couldn’t wait to get on board.”
Version 7.2, available in the Mac App Store now, differs slightly from the 7.1 version of the software available for sale from Ultralingua’s website. Ondich explained, “We wanted to preserve everything our Mac users loved about the existing French-English software, but make it easier for them to install and update it using the technologies provided by Apple’s new channel. By keeping features and content intact while implementing Apple’s installation and update path, we ended up with something that gives new and existing users alike a great experience.”
The French-English Dictionary & Verbs launches this week, and Ultralingua plans to make its other dictionaries available in the Mac App Store in the near future. Ondich explained, “We’re starting with French-English, but our other titles aren’t far behind. Users can expect to see Spanish-English, German-English, Italian-English, and the rest of our Ultralingua dictionaries in the Mac App Store in the coming months.”
Pricing and availability:
French-English Dictionary & Verbs by Ultralingua is available internationally in the Mac App Store now for $34.99.