Lacey, WA, December 21, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- PUMP-FLO™ Solutions (An Engineered Software Business), and PUMP-FLO software are known worldwide for their characteristic and industry standard pump curves. Today PUMP-FLO Solutions is announcing the new software product, P-Library
, which allows anyone to develop pump curves for any centrifugal pump. The program creates a file that can be used in the PUMP-FLO selection and PIPE-FLO system design software.
What this means for system designers or pump specifiers it that a pump that might not be available through the downloadable PUMP-FLO catalogs can be graphed using a spreadsheet or digitizing tablet and saved as a digital pump catalog file.
PIPE-FLO Professional software users will find this program to be particularly time saving because building a pump catalog in P-Library is faster, allows for multiple impeller diameters to be included and is saved in a PMP file format. PMP files can be installed into PIPE-FLO and used in different system files rather than having to build a pump curve for every new piping system designed in the PIPE-FLO and Flow of Fluids software.
Pump Manufacturers who use PUMP-FLO can use P-Library for pump catalog database management. Pump manufacturers can use the software to generate a catalog of data-driven performance curves. The catalog can then be used for internal record keeping, generating factory certified curves for sales packages, distributed to end-users for use with the PUMP-FLO desktop selection software, and it can even be posted on PUMP-FLO.com.
P-Library comes with an introductory training course, one year of software support and upgrades, and a detailed user guide that gets you up and running quickly.
P-Library is the muscle behind the PUMP-FLO curves; it creates data-driven curves using a cubic spline regression as opposed to polynomial regression. To learn why and how P-Library’s graphing methods are the most accurate, the article Pump Curve Accuracy, published in Pumps & Systems Magazine December 2011 Issue describes how the software generates pump curves.
The PUMP-FLO software allows users to search across a pump catalog to generate a dynamic pump curve based on a system design point search. Additional search criteria include fluid properties, motor sizing, NPSH calculations, pump limits, and system operating points. Once a dynamic pump curve is generated, users have the ability to trim impeller diameters, adjust operating speeds, and dynamically generate electronic curves & data sheet reports. The PUMP-FLO selection engine is developed by Engineered Software, Inc. and is fully integrated into the PIPE-FLO Professional program used to design, simulate, analyze and optimize fluid piping systems. (www.eng-software.com)
• Create files compatible with PIPE-FLO, Flow of Fluids and PUMP-FLO software
• Quickly and easily copy and paste performance data in and out of the software via a table interface or enter using a digitizing tablet
• Store additional data such as pump performance limits, physical characteristics and identifiers with each pump curve record
• Drag-and-drop to instantly adjust curve points
• Specify the performance range for which a pump is appropriate using the selection window feature
• Make bulk data changes using spreadsheet editor
• Attach additional documents such as O&M manuals, sales brochures, and technical drawings to individual curves or catalogs
• Specify performance for up to 75 h/q curves per performance curve, or allow PUMP-FLO’s exclusive interpolation algorithms calculate data between trims
• Extrapolate performance data to different speeds via affinity laws
• Automatically generate iso-efficiency data and iso-power data
• Specify motors using a standard motor table or specify custom motor frames and enclosures
Ordering & Demo Information
• Call Toll Free: 1-800-786-8545
• Email: email@example.com
• Website: pump-flo.com/products/p-library.aspx (images available here)
About PUMP-FLO™ Solutions (An Engineered Software Business) – Launched in 2002, PUMP-FLO Solutions is an Engineered Software business unit established to further develop and market the PUMP-FLO Enterprise product line and software suite. The PUMP-FLO Enterprise (PFE) solution delivers proven capabilities that help manufacturers automate their entire front-end business processes in order to reduce costs, improve accuracy, improve customer and distributor satisfaction, and increase profit margins. The PFE Software is a Windows-based (CD) program established in 1989 followed by the Web-based platform in 2002, both are used for product sizing and selection, pricing/configuration, quotation and proposal generation, order processing, parts ordering, and much more. PUMP-FLO Solutions currently provides software to over 100 manufacturers, including Ingersoll-Rand, Patterson, Gorman-Rupp, Cornell, Crane Pumps and Systems, and National Oilwell to name a few. For more information visit www.pump-flo.com.
PUMP-FLO™ is a Trademark of Engineered Software, Inc. PIPE-FLO® is a registered Trademark of Engineered Software, Inc. All other companies or products listed are trademarks of their respected owners.