Truro, United Kingdom, December 23, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- For some of the best photo opportunities for both Arctic wildlife and marine life, North Spitsbergen across the June Summer Equinox often proves to be an ideal period. Aqua-Firma’s June Wildlife & Marine Life Voyage this year provided particularly good sightings of whales, including blues, humpbacks, minks, belugas and fin. It was also very good for polar bear sightings, with plenty of sea ice to provide ideal opportunities for bears to hunt their favourite prey: the Ringed Seal.
Aqua-Firma will be enhancing the same voyage in 2012 by bringing onboard an above and below water professional photographer and marine scientist who will provide free onboard photographic workshops. The combination of diverse wildlife and marine life and incredible Arctic landscapes provides excellent photographic opportunities for both beginner and advanced photographers alike.
On daily field visits, keen photographers will have the chance to hone their skills during cruises on small rigid inflatable boats (RIBs), onshore treks and for those who dive, scuba diving into the mysterious underwater world of the Arctic Ocean. Another option is sea kayaking, whereby passengers can temporarily detach themselves from the shared atmosphere of the voyage and become at one with the nature that surrounds them. With some form of waterproof housing, this can be an excellent way to steer yourself into the ideal position for a photograph; or take to a two person kayak so that one person steers and the other focuses on taking images.
Aqua-Firma’s professional photographer will be on hand to advise passengers how to get the very best from their camera, however basic or specialised a model it may be. He will also be joining the onboard dive team, so that he can bring onboard images from beneath the ice and provide those who don’t dive, with a rare first hand insight into marine life of the Frozen Planet.
For further information about Aqua-Firma’s wildlife, marine life, diving and adventure programmes from the Polar Regions to the Equator, please visit www.aqua-firma.com .
Notes to Editors
1. Arctic Wildlife, Marine Life & Photography Voyage 2012
(all cabins en suite)
Jun 18th - 25th
Twin with port hole
Twin with window
Aqua-Firma photography workshops with professional photographer & marine scientist Andy Davies.
The following more adventure focused voyage will also include photography workshops.
(all cabins en-suite)
Jun 25th - 4th July
Twin with port hole
Twin with window
Leica Akademie photography workshops
2. Aqua-Firma’s Arctic Wildlife, Marine Life & Photography Voyages have continued to provide polar bear encounters year after year, with 13 encounters in 2010 and 15 in 2011. This is also a time when Arctic skies and cliff faces are full of hundreds of thousands of migratory birds. Other mammals that can be witnessed here include Arctic foxes, walruses, reindeer, bearded, ringed and harp seals.
3. Aqua-Firma specialises in expert led tailor made and small group exploration of wilderness and wildlife where land meets water. Their modes of exploration include inspiring combinations of:
Polar sailing and small ship voyages
Wildlife & marine life safaris
Expert led photography holidays
Scuba diving & snorkelling
Canoe and lodge safaris
Conservation in action experiences
4. Aqua-Firma is the only travel company to offset the carbon emissions of its clients' polar voyages, and flights booked through the company in joining its polar journeys. Aqua-Firma does this via a Rainforest4Climate programme set up in partnership with Rainforest Concern.
5. Aqua-Firma the company is fully ATOL bonded (bond no. 6947) and able to arrange flights, accommodation and additional activities before and after a voyage.
For further press information and photography please contact Ralph Pannell at
Aqua-Firma Worldwide Ltd. on 0844 412 0848 / 01428 620012 or email