Los Angeles, CA, January 11, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- As memories of New Year's Eve fade, millions of resolution-makers are beginning to reassess their vows to exercise more, eat healthier, quit smoking and other pledges of self-improvement. Not surprisingly, losing weight is one of the most popular New Year’s resolutions. With over 66 percent of adults today considered overweight or obese, according to the Centers for Disease Control, the effort to trim down is an annual January ritual for many. However, despite determination and the best of intentions, researchers say most such diets fail, often resulting in feelings of guilt and disappointment.
Dieters shouldn’t blame themselves but instead be more aware of the shortcomings of making New Year’s resolutions and avoid the pitfalls of unrealistic weight loss goals says Alisa Daglio, co-developer of the "Body By Type" Designer Body Makeover program.
“Too often we use resolutions to motivate ourselves but aren’t equipped to change habitual behavior and lack the necessary ongoing support to stay on track,” she comments. “Unless a diet is tailored to a person’s specific requirements and offers continual encouragement, it’s easy to backslide and give up.”
Once offered exclusively at luxury spas in Santa Monica, Dubai and St. Lucia, the highly effective, results-driven Body By Type system is now available online. Ms. Daglio says the web-based weight loss system is based on the same program developed at world class health retreats.
“For over two decades the health conscious and those in need of pampering and rejuvenation have benefited from the techniques used by Body By Type to shape up and lose weight,” she says. “They’ve achieved the results they wanted because we use a scientifically-sound approach of eating well instead of starving coupled with proven techniques to increase metabolism.”
Ms. Daglio says that in sharp contrast to “fat farms” and crash diet programs, a sensible diet should produce predictable, tangible and long-lasting results and, to improve the odds of success, the dieter should seek out support from family members and friends. To those embarking on a renewed effort to regain their healthy body type, Ms. Daglio recommends making these necessities part of their dieting plan:
Five Success Factors for Losing Weight:
1. Set Realistic Goals: Ask yourself what you believe your true ideal body weight is and make that plus five pounds your first target. Visualize your body at that size as a starting point to your new life. Losing weight is as much about having a strategy to keep their pounds off as it is about reaching your first milestone.
2. Base Your Diet on Your Body Type: “There is no such thing as a ‘one size fits all’ diet,” Ms. Daglio advises. The wide spectrum of human physical characteristics, health profiles and activity levels require that the diet be tailored for your own situation. Ms. Daglio suggests speaking with a physician and taking the free Body Type Assessment available on the Body By Type website. “Our personalized body assessment pinpoints over 10,000 different food combinations, specifically targeted to each individual’s problem areas,” she adds.
3. Review Your Eating Habits: According to researchers, many dieters fail because they fall into a cycle of eating less and starving the body, resulting in continual feelings of hunger and self-denial which is an unnatural state of existence. “Eating more but of the right foods has been proven to be far more effective than skipping meals or reducing portion size,” Ms. Daglio comments. “A custom eating plan is the foundation for a successful diet.”
4. Make Activity Part of Your Daily Routine: “Once you’ve stabilized your caloric intake with healthy, nutritious foods, its essential to stimulate you metabolism which helps burn body fat and maintain lean muscle tissue,” says Ms. Daglio. Walking, bicycling, yoga and aerobics are good alternatives to a gym membership if “working out” isn’t for you.
5. Don’t Go It Alone: For most dieters self-control and discipline are not enough for the long haul. Encouragement from family and friends helps but the involvement of a personal coach and others following the same program can provide unique motivation. “Diets that incorporate a personal coach and support forum such as Body By Type will get you through the rough patches and keep you inspired,” she adds.
In addition to incorporating the five success factors, Ms. Daglio emphasizes that Body By Type begins with a detailed online Body Assessment, capturing a variety of relevant client information. Among the lifestyle factors taken into consideration are body type, target weight goal, eating habits and current weight and activity level, all of which are used to create a customized program tailored for the individual needs of each client.
“Knowing these details enable us to create an effective roadmap to empower our clients to achieve the ‘designer body’ they know is inside themselves,” Ms. Daglio comments. “Instead of making food an enemy and denying the body its natural desire for normal nutritional intake, our system advocates eating more and stimulating the metabolism to burn body fat, and maintain lean muscle tissue.”
More information about the Body By Type program is available online at www.bodybytype.com/makeover where consumers can complete a Body Type Assessment. The free survey can also be taken by telephone by calling toll free 1-800-435-1547 or e-mail email@example.com.