Kirkland, WA, January 11, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- GrapeCity today announced that ActiveReports Server, a 100% Web-based, rich, self-service reporting solution for business users, now supports interactive ad hoc report creation. Business users can now enable drill-down capabilities in reports that use grouped data. They can also drill through to another ad hoc report that shows detailed data for the top level summary report.
In addition, ad hoc reports that contain interactive drill-down tables are now interactive in Microsoft Excel® when the report is saved to the Excel format.
ActiveReports Server already supports Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) to grant single sign-on access to business users of the Microsoft Windows Active Directory® and other LDAP-compatible directories for easy access to self-service reporting.
The latest ActiveReports Server release includes all 1.x features, such as:
• Reports now support interactive drill down or drill through within grouped data and from one report to another.
• Reports that contain interactive drill-down tables are now interactive in Excel when the report is saved to Excel format.
• Single sign on against Active Directory and other LDAP compatible directories.
• Enhanced report scheduling and distribution with relative dates for report filtering parameters.
• Reports containing sub-reports created with the Developer Edition of ActiveReports are now supported.
• The enhanced logical data model editor makes it easier to customize the way the database looks to business users.
About ActiveReports Server
ActiveReports Server provides business users with a feature-rich, Web-based self-service reporting
solution, enabling them to easily create interactive ad hoc reports. Its browser-based design and secure, scalable storage let IT departments deploy ad hoc reporting
much more effectively than they can with traditional reporting tools. Learn more at http://www.activereportsserver.com.