Montreal, Canada, January 18, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- Stingray Digital, a Montreal-based provider of music services to multi-channel operators, announces the availability of its Galaxie Digital Music Service for customers of Buckeye CableSystem. Galaxie, Your Musical Universe, is 50 uninterrupted and commercial-free digital music channels delivered by cable, satellite or IPTV directly to consumers' homes.
"The Galaxie music service is growing rapidly across North America and is quickly becoming the preferred source of music for an increasing number of customers," said Eric Boyko, President and CEO of Stingray Digital. "We are very happy to be partnering with Buckeye CableSystem to offer our service to their Digital Cable customers," he added.
“We are committed to providing our customers with the best available content, and we are certain they will enjoy the variety of channels available from Galaxie,” said Florence Buchanan, Vice President Sales and Marketing for Buckeye CableSystem. “The on-screen look of the different channels and the superior quality of the programming really make for a compelling music offering that will be well appreciated by our subscribers.”
In addition to the 50 channels of music on TV, Galaxie also offers a TV Everywhere solution for listening on the web, on tablets and on mobile. Other Stingray Digital music services available to Buckeye CableSystem customers include the two popular VOD services Concert TV and The KARAOKE Channel.
Launched over 13 years ago, Galaxie serves close to 10 million households in North America, South America and the Caribbean on digital cable, satellite and IPTV television packages. The Galaxie service includes:
- 50 commercial-free channels programmed by music industry professionals covering all popular music genres including Pop, Rock, Country, Jazz, Classical and more.
- Attractive, on-screen presentation with thematic images and song information.
Galaxie, Concert TV and The KARAOKE Channel are delivered by Avail-TVN to cable and IPTV operators in the US.
About Stingray Digital Group
Stingray Digital is a leader in interactive music distribution. Our properties include:
- Galaxie, the leading digital music service on TV in Canada and in the US,
- Music Choice Europe, a digital music service delivered in Europe and Africa,
- The KARAOKE Channel, the world’s largest licensed karaoke library and karaoke service on TV, and on the Internet,
- Concert TV, a VOD service distributed in the US and in Canada,
- Stingray360, a leader in sensorial marketing solutions for businesses,
- Stingray Music, music licensing for film, television, advertising and other uses.
Stingray Digital is financially backed by Telesystem and Novacap and headquartered in Montreal. Stingray Digital has 136 employees in offices across Canada and additional offices in Los Angeles and London, England. For more information, visit www.stingraydigital.com.