Mission Viejo, CA, January 19, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- Hammerhouse LLC, a national recruiting and strategic growth firm for the financial services industry with mortgage sales and leadership placement at its core, today released the results from its Second Annual Survey of Originator Opinions. This 14 question survey was completed by a statistically significant sample of approximately 400 active mortgage loan originators and asked originators for their opinions on critical issues facing the mortgage industry and impacting their job performance.
Originators responses indicate a strong preference to:
· See clarification of regulatory issues outstanding in the industry.
· Work with regional rather than national lending organizations.
· Find a home with financially secure lending organizations with effective operations and marketing.
· Value the leadership, communication, integrity and culture of an employer.
· Work with a recruiter to identify potentially better matched opportunities.
"Mortgage loan originators have had a difficult couple of years. The housing crisis and regulatory responses have led to a 50% decline in the ranks of originators according to the US Bureau of labor Statistics," commented Drew Waterhouse, Managing Director of Hammerhouse. "However, those that remain are focused on rebuilding the mortgage industry to make it the best it can be by demanding that lenders are executing effectively for consumers."
The Survey questions cover important factors from each of the six core business areas identified by Hammerhouse as integral to the model-matching relationship between originators and lenders: Leadership, Culture, Business, Operations, Technology and Geography. Particularly encouraging for an industry that has experienced such turmoil is the fact roughly one-third (31%) of respondents indicate that they have been in the industry for more than four years. Moreover three-quarters (76%) indicate that they, or their companies on their behalf, are investing in tools, training/coaching and other resources to improve performance.
The complete 2012 Survey of Originator Opinions results can be viewed at http://www.teamhammerhouse.com/?p=1685.
“The results of the 2012 Survey of Originator Opinions are supportive of our recently released mortgage industry hiring forecast,” added Mr. Waterhouse. “2012 will be another difficult year for the mortgage industry, yet as the survey results indicate those on the front-lines, working directly with consumers, desire to improve themselves and work for the best lending organization possible—even if that means making a change.”
Hammerhouse previously released its forecast on the mortgage industry hiring trends for 2012, which include:
· Continued movement of top producers.
· Value propositions for originators by lenders will be enhanced.
· Lender Leadership teams will be enhanced and in some cases upgraded.
· Regulation will continue to play a large role in the mortgage business.
· There will be more consolidation in the market.
· Producers will put much more emphasis on execution.
· Responsible and well capitalized organizations will continue infill and expand.
Through its unique model matching process, Hammerhouse helps both mortgage bankers and depositories expand top line revenue by adding experienced mortgage professionals. Since inception in 2008, when the company was founded by a core group of search professionals with over 30 years of combined experience of developing strategic partnerships with mortgage bankers and the financial services sector, Hammerhouse has helped its clients bring on board what equates to approximately $10 billion in annualized production volume. For more information, visit www.teamhammerhouse.com.
Levick Strategic Communications