Schaumburg, IL, May 17, 2007 --(PR.com
)-- Includes 1 IP PBX, 4 SNOM VoIP phones, 5 port hub, 30 day remote (phone and email) tech support for set up and installation. 6 months of service contract for help desk phone and email support.
The Teleprime IP PBX package is everything you need for your communication needs for your small office.
• Image: Answer all calls promptly and professionally with customized greetings.
• Responsiveness: Seamlessly receive your calls to a local or a remote extension, cell phone, home phone, any phone, anywhere. Lowers your cost. Increase your productivity. Leverage your telco network effectively.
Giving you control of
• Communication Costs: Eliminate the cost of services like voicemail, answering services etc.
• Share lines between multiple offices at no additional costs.
• Remote Management: Web-access allows remote management of IP PBX.
Staying connected: It’s easy as 3-digit dialing to stay connected with branch offices and remote worker.
Features and benefits of IP PBX :
Professional Greetings Impress your clients with a customized professional greeting.
Auto-attendant Have all the services of a receptionist while avoiding human error, time and cost.
Route calls exactly where they need to go.
Unified office appearance Each extension can forward to a different phone number anywhere in the world.
Example: Extensions for your sales department could be handled by salesperson in TX, technical person in GA, corporate in Chicago and help desk in CA.
Access to voicemail Customize access to voicemails via phone, emails and web-access
Voice mails notification Choose how you would like to get notified of your voicemail: email, SMS or phone
Call Forward Answer every call your company gets at your main number with a live voice
Call Block Block unwanted calls from pesky callers
• IP router and SIP gateway.
• Additional IP phones can be added with an available expension key.
• One FXO port for connection to your company’s traditional analog line.
• 2 FXS (RJ 11) ports for 2 additional internal local analog or digital phones.
• Connect one - or more VoIP service provider too!
• Built-in QOS router, data/ voice traffic can be routed to the Internet, eliminating the need for an additional IP router.
• Stateful inspection firewall, NAT, DHCP client and server, and web browser configuration.
• Manage your IP PBX via an intuitive web interface and utilize features like voicemail to email, unified fax messaging, Auto-Attendant, and off premise remote IP extensions.
• Remote diagnostics and software upgrade.
• VPN (Virtual Private Network) to remote networks or devices with 128-bit data encryption providing optimal security for IP data and voice.
• Encryption of IP calls to endpoints within the VPN tunnels.
• Connect to other IP PBX users or a SIP server to make virtually free long distance calls all over the world.
• Lifeline port availability in the event of power failure, providing access for one dedicated phone to the PSTN network for emergency services.
• Voice prioritization over computer data traffic.
• And many more
How it works:
Inside the IP PBX, two communications infrastructures come together - the telephone network and the Internet. At the core of the IP PBX is the Call Manager running on rock solid Linux software. The Call Manager sends voice streams through the digital signal processor for voice processing. All this occurs in a 1.77" tall box much smaller than an 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper.
It is Powerful:
The IP PBX has many large business communication features that a small business needs, such as auto attendant, voice mail, 3-way conferencing, call waiting, call forwarding, and call statistics to name a few. It even has advanced high-end features such as unified messaging (voicemail sent via email, voice mail notifications on your cell phone, or on pager etc). It is more than a powerful PBX. The IP PBX is also packed with an amazing array of network features including a firewall and a virtual private network (VPN) for secure, private voice and data communications. The IP PBX 2x is truly a converged communications platform, built to world-quality standards, and available at a fraction of the cost of any other competing solution.
It is Flexible:
When you call from outside the office, IP PBX Caller ID recognizes your mobile phone number and immediately authenticates your access to the IP PBX. Just dial your associate's extension and the IP PBX routes your call on the best route possible either down the hall or around the globe.
If a call comes in for you and you're not at your desk, the IP PBX will seamlessly send the call to your cell phone, or to any phone of your choice, without the caller knowing it's being forwarded.
Have multiple offices? The IP PBX will connect them together seamlessly into one integrated office so everyone can easily call each other and transfer calls between offices at no cost. The IP PBX will even create a data VPN between locations, eliminating the need for additional devices. It will also act as your network router, with QOS so voice traffic is prioritized.
Since the IP PBX also contains call forwarding and call routing instructions, people who are out of the office can still be reached automatically. New York, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo or Buenos Aires, the world becomes your virtual office. Communications has never been so inexpensive, flexible or convenient.
It Saves You Money
Just connect the IP PBX to your broadband Internet service. The IP PBX automatically configures itself. And in minutes, you are able to make voice over IP calls for free. Connect up to two ordinary phones into it (IP PBX, or assign two VoIP phones so that your entire office can use the IP PBX. The voice quality through the IP PBX's digital signal processor (DSP) will almost always be better than using your current long distance company.
1305 Wiley Road, Ste. 102,
Schaumburg, Illinois 60173 U.S.A.