Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, February 28, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- For the 3rd time since the Prize was inaugurated in 2009, mamemo productions successfully produced the awarding ceremony of the Zayed Future Energy Prize on the 17th of January 2012 at the Emirates Palace, Abu Dhabi in front of a high level audience of UAE and international Royalty, heads of state, dignitaries and leaders in the renewable energy & sustainability industry.
The event broke the company’s own production records with its extensive requirements in content and production, all produced in-house by mamemo productions, including filming across numerous locations in the UAE and around the world, including Paris, London, Berlin, Islamabad, Gilgit (Pakistan), Bangalore, Pune, Nairobi, Kigali, Atlanta, Washington DC, San Francisco, and New York.
Honoring the legacy of environmental protection and concern for conservation established by the Late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, the Prize is presented annually by HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al-Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces.
Managing & Creative Director Sam Katiela lead the team in conceptualizing, managing, and executing the full requirements of the entire production, including the creation of the entire event concept, design of the set and event venue, conceptualization and management of the flow of the whole event, and the development of the full program content in great cooperation with the Zayed Future Energy Prize team.
The awarding ceremony featured a host of productions, including:
· The Legacy of a Man – a powerful documentary of how the Founding Father’s legacy is lived by the people of the UAE.
· Impact of the Zayed Future Energy Prize – a special leading edge animation production summarizing the ripple effect of the Prize to the world through the achievements of the past winners.
· The Selection Process – a dynamic live presentation of the selection of the winners supported by real time 3D animation of graphs, time lines, videos and key messaging onscreen.
· “Light of Unity” – mamemo created an entertainment piece that transcends the message of global unity and action through a sophisticated synergy of specially produced music, live musicians, and latest technology. Onstage, international musicians playing live inside a screen setup that melts them with the specially programmed animation that interacts with every beat and note they play then joined by local drummers arriving from the audience, creating a totally magical and unforgettable experience.
· Finalists Documentaries – mamemo had the opportunity to document the stories, ideas and visions through interviews of the 13 finalists on locations around the world in order to produce videos that echoed their individual efforts and initiatives that reflect the core value of the Prize. These documentaries became the most significant element that brought out the continuing importance and impact of the Prize to the world.
Additionally, the ceremony also produced short video vignettes from United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) Director-General Dr. Kandeh K. Yumkella, International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) Director-General Adnan Amin and the members of the Jury, including HE Olafur Ragnar Grimsson, President of Iceland; HE Mohamed Nasheed, President of Maldives; Hon. Elizabeth Dipuo Peters, Minister of Energy for South Africa; Dr. Susan Hockfield, President of Massachusetts; HE Ahmed Al Sayegh, Chairman of Masdar and actor/activist Leonardo DiCaprio.