Boston, MA, March 24, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- Sample Prep is an internationally recognized event for experts in sample preparation for detection and identification of viruses, toxins and pathogens. This conference will address the major issues and state-of-the-art in the technologies for real-world sample preparation. Specific topics to be explored when world leaders convene for this high-level symposium include:
• Sample prep with microfluidics
• Sample prep-on-a-chip
• Alternative sample prep technologies for viruses, toxins & pathogens
• Sample prep as separate vs. integrated module approach
• Nanotechnology challenges for sample preparation
• Robust sampling methodologies
• Food, water, air, and environmental sampling
• Novel methods of extraction from tough (non-filterable) matrices
• Single use sample concentration modules
• Advanced lateral flow assays for sample prep
• Nucleic acid or protein based sample prep for next generation sequencing
Distinguished Speaker Faculty
- Raymond P. Mariella, PhD, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Mark W. Eshoo, PhD, ibis Biosciences, Inc., a subsidiary of Abbott Molecular
- Steven S. Branda, PhD, Sandia National Laboratories
- Michael Pollack, PhD, CTO, Advanced Liquid Logic, Inc.
-Alexis Sauer-Budge, PhD, Fraunhofer
- Stephane Evoy, PhD,University of Alberta, Canada
-Rajaram Krishnan, PhD, CEO, Biological Dynamics, Inc.*
-Joseph Wang, PhD, University California San Diego
- Michael J. Heller, PhD, University of California San Diego
- Richard A. Montagna, PhD, Rheonix, Inc.
-Dennis W. Harris, DPhil., IntegenX, Inc.
- Bruce Irvine, Claremont BioSolutions LLC
- James M. Birch, PhD, Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute
- Andre Marziali, PhD, Boreal Genomics Inc. & University of British Columbia
-Eric R. Rhodes, PhD, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- John P. Langmore, PhD, Rubicon Genomics, Inc.
- Stephanie Thatcher, Idaho Technology, Inc.
- David S. Alburty, InnovaPrep LLC
- James P. Landers, PhD, ZyGEM Corporation University of Virginia*
- Rolf Müller, PhD, Biomatrica, Inc.
-Steve Barrett, President and CEO, DetectGen, Inc., Canada
About The Knowledge Foundation
The Knowledge Foundation integrates scientific ingenuity and real-world applications by fostering collaborative research at the rapidly changing intersection of science and business. Known for providing members of its Technology Commercialization Alliance with direct and unbiased state-of-the-art scientific information, the Knowledge Foundation is uniquely qualified to provide wider exposure for important developments in the emerging fields of alternative energy, nanotechnology, and chemical & biological detection technologies.