Silver Spring, MD, April 18, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- Association Media & Publishing (AM&P) announced the winners of the 32nd Annual EXCEL Awards, which recognize the best and the brightest in association media and publishing. For the second consecutive year, AM&P is honoring Bates Creative Group with the Gold award in Media Innovation, Mobile App for Marines magazine.
All award recipients will be recognized at the 32nd Annual EXCEL Awards Gala on Monday, June 11, 2012, at the Baltimore Hilton in Baltimore, MD.
"Working on the Marines app has been a gratifying experience and has given us the opportunity to learn and grow our skill set as designers. Winning the Gold award two years in a row is great, we love working with such innovative clients who push the envelope and produce a high-quality product with every issue. We're excited to share these awards with our friends on the Marines magazine staff," says Darryl Sebro, Bates Creative Group Art Director.
Marines magazine is the official publication of the United States Marine Corps, serving the organization’s multiple goals of providing Marines in the field with valuable information, enhancing recruiting efforts, and increasing positive publicity. In 2011, Bates Creative Group was exclusively selected to beta-test Adobe’s Digital Publishing Suite, to design and develop the Marines magazine iPad and Android tablet apps. The magazine app is now available for free in both the iTunes and Android markets.
To see Bates Creative Group’s journey of taking Marines magazine digital visit http://youtu.be/48uJ4LaIu4w.
Bates Creative also received a Gold award in Magazine Redesign for Cancer Today magazine, published by the American Association for Cancer Research, and a Bronze award in Magazine Design Excellence for Marines magazine.
All award-winning entries will be featured in the September/October issue of Signature magazine, the official publication of AM&P.
For more information visit www.batescreativegroup.com or www.associationmediaandpublishing.org.
Bates Creative Group is an imaginative, woman-owned, design and branding firm that creates best-in-class, results-driven communications media. Bates Creative believes that great marketing work takes place at a specific nexus of factors, what we call the Ignition Point.
Association Media & Publishing is the premier membership organization serving the needs of associate publishers, business operation executives, communications professionals, designers and content generators and the media they create. From websites to blogs to magazines to mobile platforms, AM&P:
· Provides insight, information and connections for the association media community.
· Delivers practical, actionable information to increase members’ effectiveness in their jobs. Also, provides research and tools relevant to association media professionals.
· Leads innovative approaches in community building; social media, webinars and in-person learning opportunities, for example.
· Hosts the preeminent recognition event of industry via the EXCEL Awards and individual best practices via the publications review program.
· Provides career advancement opportunities through an online career center, networking opportunities and lifelong learning experiences.