Burlington, NC, April 25, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- Jack Bailey, executive vice president of Triangle Grading And Paving, Inc. (http://www.trianglegradingandpaving.com), has announced that Bobby Rowland has been named as the company’s senior safety director. In this role, Rowland will oversee all security operations on a regular basis to ensure that construction efforts are performed in a safe and professional manner. Rowland will direct safety officers, and visit job sites and perform safety audits in order to uphold security and compliance measures set by Triangle, the N.C. Department of Transportation and the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) on behalf of its employees. Other daily responsibilities will include observations of the equipment and practices that are utilized by Triangle’s team of workers.
Rowland joined Triangle Grading and Paving in May 2010 as an areas utilities superintendent. He has worked specifically in construction safety for 20 years. Rowland has won several safety-focused industry awards and recognitions, including the APAC Presidents Safety Award and the Ashland Chemicals Presidents Safety Award.
“We welcome Bobby’s expertise and experience in his new capacity as safety director,” said Bailey. “His extensive background in construction safety will be an asset to our efforts in providing our employees with the highest of safety standards.”
- Rowland graduated from the OSHA Academy in 2011.
- He served in the U.S. Marine Corps from 1983 to 1991 and was assigned to the Presidential Helicopter Unit for both Presidents Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush. He completed deployments to Iraq and Kuwait during his enlistment.
- Rowland plays an active role in several professional organizations in the area, including the Marine Corps League and the Institute for Safety and the National Safety Council.
- He is involved with Mt. Zion United Methodist Church and assists with the Seagrove girls’ softball team.
- Rowland resides in Ramseur, N.C. with his wife and two children.
About Triangle Grading and Paving, Inc:
Triangle Grading and Paving, Inc. based in Burlington, N.C., provides public and private construction and contracting services across the Carolinas. Triangle performs turnkey solutions for a diverse range of projects, from heavy highway and public landfills to master planned residential communities and mixed use commercial projects. Noteworthy projects include downtown redevelopments in the cities of Durham, N.C. and Greensboro, N.C., the Catawba County bypass in Lenoir, N.C., and the Dean E. Smith Center in Chapel Hill, N.C. For more information, visit the Triangle Grading and Paving website at http://www.trianglegradingpaving.com.
MMI Public Relations