Bedford, MA, November 15, 2005 --(PR.com
)-- Stylus Studio (http://www.stylusstudio.com), the industry-leading provider of XML development tools and components for advanced XML data integration, today announced the immediate availability of Stylus Studio® 2006 XML Deployment Adapters, high-performance Java™ components that provide programmatic, bi-directional access to virtually any data source as XML. Stylus Studio 2006 XML Deployment Adapters allow developers to seamlessly stream non-XML data as XML to industry-leading XML processing components including Apache's Xalan XSLT Processor, and the Saxon XQuery and XSLT Processors.
Because Stylus Studio 2006 XML Deployment Adapters expose non-XML data as XML data sources, developers can now write industry-standard XQuery or XSLT stylesheets that read and write to non-XML data sources as if they were XML files on the local file system. Using Stylus Studio 2006 XML IDE, developers can generate the Java code required to run these data integration applications and deploy them to any Java environment with the click of a button. Stylus Studio 2006 XML Deployment Adapters are a powerful and innovative approach to solving data integration challenges involving different data sources including flat files, relational databases, EDI (EDIFACT and X12), XML databases, Web services, and many other file systems and data repositories. Developers can radically simplify developing and deploying data integration applications in a way that leverages industry-standard XML technologies, widely-adopted and proven XML processing components, and Stylus Studio's industry-leading XSLT and XQuery tools.
"XML, XQuery, and XSLT are a natural fit for data integration, but development gets tricky if your data isn't already in an XML format. Previously, developers facing this challenge had limited options to choose from – they could write their own internal adapter libraries, try costly non-XML data conversion solutions, or risk rolling the dice with other XML tools offering proprietary code generation schemes based on non-standard XML processing technologies," said Jerry King, Stylus Studio's General Manager. "Stylus Studio 2006 XML Deployment Adapters let developers easily extend the power of industry-standard XSLT and XQuery to access virtually any data source quickly and easily. By using the integrated XML mapping tools in Stylus Studio 2006 XML Enterprise Edition to develop and debug XSLT and XQuery in combination with our Java code generation capabilities, developers can realize serious productivity gains when deploying XML applications. Together, Stylus Studio 2006 XML Deployment Adapters and Stylus Studio 2006 XML Enterprise Edition offer the most productive, scalable, and cost-effective approach to building and deploying XML-based data integration solutions involving multiple, heterogeneous data sources."
Solve Any Legacy Data Integration Challenge in Three Easy Steps
With Stylus Studio 2006 XML Deployment Adapters and Stylus Studio 2006 XML Enterprise Edition, developers have an extensible framework for tackling legacy data integration challenges in just three simple steps:
1. Model Non-XML Data: It's easy to get non-XML data into XML with Stylus Studio 2006 XML Enterprise Edition. For flat files, EDIFACT and X12, Stylus Studio offers thousands of pre-built XML adapters. For relational databases, Stylus Studio's visual relational data-to-XML mapping tool configures relational databases as XML data sources. Using Convert-to-XML, users can visually map from any flat file to XML. Additional customization is made possible through an extensibility API allowing you to write your own XML adapters. More than just a one-off data conversion tool, Stylus Studio 2006 XML Enterprise Edition is an industry-leading tool for getting into XML data sources that can then be seamlessly read from or written to an XSLT or XQuery application.
2. Develop and Test Data Transformations: Use the XQuery and XSLT Editors, Debuggers, Mappers, Profilers, and other XML development tools and utilities in Stylus Studio 2006 XML Enterprise to create and test your XML data integration application. All of the Stylus Studio XML development tools operate identically, whether on an XML file or on non-XML data that you have modeled as an XML data source (step 1.)
3. Deploy Your Application: Use Stylus Studio 2006 XML Enterprise Edition to generate Java code required to deploy your XML data integration application. All of the settings that you specify in the development phase – for example, the XML processor to use, parameters, and so on – are automatically reflected in the generated Java code. The generated Java code leverages Stylus Studio 2006 XML Deployment Adapters, allowing you to seamlessly stream your data to and from the XML processor of your choice.
Stylus Studio® 2006 XML Deployment Adapters
Stylus Studio 2006 XML Deployment Adapters are available today for $1000 (USD) per CPU, providing access to:
• Flat Files and File Systems: Access to hundreds of common file formats (CSV, dBase, TSV, and others); XML databases (Mark Logic Content Interaction Server, Berkeley DB XML, TigerLogic XDMS, and more); and File systems (WebDAV, HTTP and FTP servers, and even live Web service data)
• Relational Databases: Integrate most relational databases including Oracle 8i (8.1.6 and 8.1.7) and Oracle 9i (R1-R2); Microsoft SQL Server 7 and 2000; Informix 9.2 (2000), 9.3, and 9.4; Sybase ASE 11, 12, and 12.5; IBM DB2 UDB 6.1, 7.x, and 8.1 for Windows, Unix, Linux, and OS/390; and DB2 UDB V4R5, V5R1 for iSeries (AS/400)
• EDIFACT and X12 EDI Legacy: Out-of-the-box read and write access to EDIFACT and X12 EDI Message types. Or customize with Stylus Studio 2006 XML Enterprise Edition.
Pricing and Availability
Stylus Studio 2006 XML Deployment Adapters are available for immediate purchase. For more information about purchasing Stylus Studio products, including enterprise sales inquiries, contact (781) 280-4488.
To get started using Stylus Studio 2006 XML Deployment Adapters, simply download a free trial of Stylus Studio 2006 XML Enterprise Edition today: http://www.stylusstudio.com/xml_download.html
About Stylus Studio
Stylus Studio®, a product from DataDirect Technologies, an operating company of Progress Software Corporation, is the industry's most innovative XML IDE providing advanced support for XML and its related technologies: XSL, XSLT, XML Schema, DTD, SOAP, WSDL, EDI, EDIFACT, SQL/XML, XML mapping, Web Services, Legacy data integration and XQuery. Used by leading software developers world-wide, Stylus Studio simplifies XML programming and enhances developer productivity through innovation. Visit the Stylus Studio Web site to learn more: http://www.stylusstudio.com
Stylus Studio is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. Java and all Java-based marks are trademarks or service marks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. Any other trademarks or service marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
For More Information:
Business Development Manager