Montreal, Canada, June 07, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- Stingray Digital, an innovative North-American based provider of music services for multi-channel operators, announced today the launch of The KARAOKE Channel Video on Demand service on ZON’s Videoclube platform in Portugal. Clients of ZON's digital television services will be able to subscribe and play their choice of songs from among more than 400 karaoke videos.
“The KARAOKE Channel is one of the most popular VOD services worldwide because it offers a unique television experience that can be enjoyed by people of all ages,” says Eric Boyko, President of Stingray Digital. “The popularity of karaoke on TV is growing every day since the combination of the convenience of video on demand with large TV screens makes for a winning formula.” he added.
ZON’s customers will be able to select from over 400 titles including 30 popular Disney titles, classified in a variety of genres such as rock, R&B, hip hop, disco, and pop with a portion of the library refreshed on a monthly basis. It’s easy to use with the lyrics displayed on the TV screen, changing color in time, prompting the singer to keep time with the music. The scrolling lyrics are displayed on top of an interesting assortment of innovative and unique videos that are created by the Stingray design and technical team and represent the various music genres and that follow the beat and mood of each song.
The KARAOKE Channel is expanding throughout Europe on IPTV and digital cable platforms. ZON is the third operator in Portugal to offer the service which will now be available in more than 2.5 million Portuguese households. The service is already widely distributed in North America and is present in more than 52 million homes worldwide where it has quickly earned its place among the top On Demand content categories. Cable and IPTV customers enjoy The KARAOKE Channel’s superior quality videos and great selection from among the company’s library of 16,000+ titles.
About Stingray Digital Media Group
Stingray Digital is the leading multi-platform music service provider in the world, with more than 70 million subscribers in 48 different countries. Our properties include:
· Galaxie, the leading digital music service on TV in Canada and in the US (www.galaxie.ca)
· The KARAOKE Channel, the world’s largest licensed karaoke library and karaoke service on TV and Internet (www.thekaraokechannel.com)
· Music Choice Europe, the leading digital music service on TV in Europe and Africa (www.musicchoiceinternational.com)
· Concert TV, a video-on-demand service distributed to 45 million homes in the US and in Canada (www.concerttv.com)
· Stingray360, a leader in sensorial marketing solutions for business (www.stingray360.com)
· Stingray Music, music licensing for film, television, advertising and other (www.stingray-music.com)
Stingray Digital is financially backed by Telesystem and Novacap. Headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, the company has 200 employees in offices across Canada and additional offices in Los Angeles, and London, England. For more information, visit www.stingraydigital.com.