Kirkland, WA, July 04, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- In response to a growing number of customer requests, GrapeCity today announced that the latest release of ActiveReports Server, a 100% Web-based ad hoc reporting solution for business users, now allows deeper embedding of reporting features into software applications.
Companies who use ActiveReports Server can now create logical data model entities based on stored procedures. They can also use tenant-specific User Context values as stored procedure parameter input values.
ActiveReports Server already supports multi-tenant reporting for Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) deployments. It also supports Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) to grant single sign-on access to business users of the Microsoft Windows Active Directory® and other LDAP-compatible directories.
The latest ActiveReports Server release includes new features, such as:
- Administrators can now create logical data model entities based on stored procedures.
- Multi-tenant software as a service (SaaS) applications can now use tenant-specific User Context values as stored procedure parameter input values.
- SaaS Applications that integrate reporting with single-sign-on can now hide and customize the login and logout UI for the report designer.
- When using custom authentication (single sign-on), LDAP, or ActiveDirectory authentication, you can now test new settings directly in the Administrator Dashboard.
- With charts, the Legend now displays automatically when it makes sense based on intelligent review of the data.
- Administrators can now add descriptions to reports that display in the Report Portal. When business users select a report, the description displays in the Information panel.
About ActiveReports Server
ActiveReports Server is a 100% Web-based, rich, ad hoc reporting solution for business users, enabling them to easily create interactive reports. Its browser-based, ad hoc report designer and secure, scalable storage support multi-tenant self-service reporting and accelerate BI adoption much more effectively than traditional reporting tools. Learn more at http://www.activereportsserver.com.
For over 25 years, GrapeCity has provided award-winning reporting and business intelligence solutions, software services and enterprise solutions to Fortune 1000 companies in high tech, financial, healthcare, government and other vertical markets. Our focus is on providing innovative solutions that give deep business value to our customers. Learn more at http://www.grapecity.com.