London, United Kingdom, July 05, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- GéNIA has been working closely with Neal's Yard practitioner, Angela Allen, for over a year, and couldn’t help but notice how her various techniques – whether pure massage, Reiki, crystal healing or hotstones – helped to heal and eliminate stress, anxieties and blockages in the bodies of her students. After sending a number of students and friends to Angela it became apparent that not only can these therapies help people enhance their well- being, but they also benefit the whole learning process (in this case piano), through work on posture and various physiological elements. Students were happier, observed the musical material better and were far more confident at performing in public.
Together, GéNIA and Angela aim to work on the well-being of the student in tandem with the educational process, to ensure that student is ready and happy to learn to the maximum of their capacity and have a really fulfilling and happy experience in their education.
Before coming to health therapy, Angela Allen worked in the music industry, so is very well paced to understand the needs musicians and music students. Angela's practice aims to create a clear space for patients to recharge, rebalance and re-energize. Her treatments involve a range of techniques and always focus on patients’ individual concerns and problem areas. Angela is Neal’s Yard Practitioner and is fully qualified in the following areas:
• AAPA Diploma, Holistic & Clinical Aromatherapy
• FHT Diploma, Deep Tissue Massage (Federation of Holistic Therapists)
• Indian Head Massage (Gill Farrer-Halls)
• Hot & Cold Product Making (Lotte Rose Aromatherapy)
• ITEC Diploma, Anatomy and Physiology
• Pregnancy Massage (Aromatherapy Allied Practitioners Association)
• Soft Tissue Release (CThA Accredited - Jane Johnson)
• Neal’s Yard Remedies Holistic Facial (IFPA Accredited)
• Effective Stretching (CThA Accredited)
• FHT Diploma, Hot Stone Massage
• Cold Process, Liquid & Cream Soap Making
• Thai Herb Compress Massage (TGOHT & CThA)
• Reiki Level 1 in the Usui System
• On-Site Chair Massage (TGOHT &CThA)
Some of the benefits of massage and Angela’s other treatments are:
• Improved circulation and boosted immunity
• Stress reduction and a more balanced nervous system
• Stimulate of the digestive system
• Relief from aches, pains and stiffness
• Improved muscle function and joint mobility
• Improved skin tone
• Release of emotional and physical tension
• Induced relaxation
• Greater sense of well-being and a more positive state
How it Works
During the initial 60-minute piano lesson with GéNIA you will have the opportunity to discuss any concerns you may have about your playing. For example, the student’s playing could be inhibited because their shoulders are too tight, or perhaps they find it difficult to perform in public due to constant anxiety. In consultation with GéNIA, Angela will then put together a bespoke therapy session based on the student’s specific needs, and further sessions may be recommended. All the sessions are fully confidential.
Venues Piano Lessons:
• Steinway Hall, 44 Marylebone Lane, Wigmore St, London, W1U 2DB
• Schott Music, 48 Great Marlborough Street, London, W1F 7BB
• Neal’s Yard Remedies, Islington Therapy Rooms, 295 Upper Street, London, N1 2TU
• Neal’s Yard Remedies, Covent Garden Therapy Rooms, 2 Neal’s Yard, London, WC2H 9DP
Contact Richard McDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)20 7226 9829 / +44 (0)7948 447492 for more information.
Please note that it may not be possible to fit both sessions on the same day due to the availability of the music studios and clinics. However, they recommend that you schedule your appointments as close as possible to benefit fully from the sessions.
£110 for both sessions (60 mins x 2)
Terms and conditions
A piano method for the 21st century...
Created by Russian virtuoso pianist, GéNIA, and recently adopted by celebrities such as X- factor star Laura White, and television presenter Sue Perkins, the Piano-Yoga® method offers a unique system of piano playing which combines the fundamentals of the Russian piano school with principles from yoga and other Eastern philosophies, utilising aspects of movement, gravity and breathing to create a more natural and organic approach to piano playing, performing and teaching. Central to the method is the series of technical exercises Transform Your Hands: a Complete Ten-Week Course of Piano Exercises, available in paperback and as an eBook. Piano-Yoga® also organises workshops, retreats, masterclasses, one-to-one tuition, and the method is suitable for pianists of all levels.
"It really does work... Many pianists have been helped with this unorthodox and unusual method." - Piano Professional Magazine