Annapolis, MD, July 05, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- ICANotes, LLC, the leader in web-based mental health records, today announced the availability of program enhancements designed specifically for hospitals and other inpatient mental health facilities. These enhancements include:
● Clinician Reminder Sheet – A new screen lists documents due or overdue as well as documents which are incomplete or have not been electronically signed. The amount of time a clinician has to make required notes can be set by each facility.
● Electronic Medication Administration Record (eMAR) – The eMAR offers a complete electronic workflow to help ensure enhanced nursing efficiency, medication charting accuracy, and safe medication management.
● Clinician’s Orders – This section has been expanded to include all kinds of orders used by inpatient settings including a variety of detox protocols, activity and restriction orders, and dietary orders. Nurses are alerted when a new order has been written.
● Verbal Orders – Nurses can write verbal orders and alert the physician to electronically sign them. The order sheet tracks who gave the verbal order, who received it, and who signed it.
● Initial Evaluations - Initial or Complete Assessments by different disciplines can be designed so that the parts of the evaluation that should be completed by that discipline are highlighted. Each individual facility has the option to determine what portions of the Initial Examination their individual clinicians need to complete. This allows ICANotes to help any facility meet documentation needs specific to their type of inpatient practice and to address documentation requirements mandated by their organization or various surveying agencies.
● Treatment Plans - A clinical reminder can now be set to remind the clinician when the next Treatment Plan is due. Individual clinicians can each add information to the Treatment Plan, and the completed Comprehensive Treatment Plan may then be saved as a clinical note and e-signed by each clinician.
Designed by a clinical psychiatrist, ICANotes was first introduced in 1999. Since that time, ICANotes has continually expanded its system capabilities and functionality to maximize its usefulness for all clinicians working in behavioral health. Based on a rapid development platform, ICANotes releases program updates weekly. The program design is carefully controlled by the company’s founder and clinical director, Richard Morgenstern, MD, a psychiatrist who understands how clinicians work. The result is an intuitive EHR that requires very little training.
"We are seeing rapid adoption of ICANotes by inpatient settings where a program must meet the needs of multiple clinical disciplines and must be capable of helping the clinician quickly create detailed yet individualized notes,” said Dr. Morgenstern. “We owe a great deal to our users, who have been generous with their feedback and suggestions. We have worked closely with several facilities to develop and test the new functionality targeted at simplifying and facilitating workflow for the inpatient setting.”
Now used by more than 3000 providers in all 50 states, ICANotes has documented more than 3 million patient encounters. As the most feature-rich web-based electronic healthcare records solution for psychiatrists and otherr and behavioral health professionals, ICANotes is best known for its unique button-driven charting capability. The software enables clinicians to quickly create thorough, personalized narrative notes in minutes with no typing or dictating. ICANotes is clinician-centric and infinitely scalable, reliably meeting the needs of solo practitioners, group practices, hospitals, and large agencies for over 13 years. For more information on ICANotes, visit www.ICANotes.com.