GOAL to Host a Webinar on "Wearing Two Hats — In-House Counsel and Compliance Officer"
Agenda: - What the compliance officer’s role is under the Federal Sentencing Guidelines and according to best practice - The inherent conflicts of the roles, how to identify them and resolve them if possible - Challenges in reconciling conflicts in acting as in house counsel and a business person
Date: 08 Aug 2012.
Time: 9:00 AM (PDT).
Duration: 60 minutes including Q & A.
- Amy E. Hutchens,CCEP General Counsel and Vice President, Compliance & Ethics Services, Watermark Risk Management International, LLC,USA.
- Andrea Barton Reeves, Vice President, Administration HARC, Inc., USA.
More details: http://www.connect-goal.com/resources/426.html
Key topics to be discussed:
- Challenges in reconciling conflicts in acting as in house counsel and a business person
- Challenges in integrating compliance as part of the workplace culture - particularly challenging in business environments that value transparency and close relationships with families, customers, as a cornerstone of their culture
- Acting as a resource to the business and as an enforcer of often unpopular rules - consequences of non-compliance are often abstractions to those delivering services
- Making your case to add value to the organization- working to be viewed as adding value to the organization - not a profit center, addressing legal concerns and drafting compliance solutions often cost money and use resources that the organization may not have or may think are better used elsewhere
- The history of the two roles in recent years - including how the government has treated dual-hatted counsel/compliance officers
- What the compliance officer’s role is under the Federal Sentencing Guidelines and according to best practice
- The inherent conflicts of the roles, how to identify them and resolve them if possible
- The different skill sets required of the roles such as time and program management
- What to consider in determining whether your organization is ready for an independent Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer
This webinar is designed for:
- Buyers of legal outsourcing services – law firm partners, counsels, IP counsels and IP lawyers, solo practitioners based in US, UK and other markets;
- Service Providers of legal outsourcing services – LPO executives, emerging LPOs from vendor locations in Asia, Africa, UK/Europe, America and others;
- Investors, Software Vendors, Researchers, Academicians and other interested stake holders of LPO industry.
GOAL (Global Outsourcing Association of Lawyers) is the first membership based international non-profit trade association for the legal outsourcing industry made up of the top international legal/IP outsourcing service providers, law firm partners, counsels, solo practitioners, government representatives, legal association representatives, other outsourcing service providers, consultants, academicians, investors, training and placement companies, software companies and other affiliated companies and members with the common goal of promoting the highest level of quality of legal outsourcing in a global environment.