San Clemente, CA, August 05, 2012 --(PR.com
Outsourcing is the process of contracting an existing business process which an organization previously performed internally to an independent organization, where the process is purchased as a service. Though this practice of purchasing a business function—instead of providing it internally—is a common feature of any modern economy.
The common problems in technology outsourcing and discussion about problems begin in the initial business misunderstanding, Business and Legal Due Diligence, Outsourcing Agreement Terms and Conditions and Cloud computing.
Date: 17 Aug 2012.
Time: 09:00 AM (PDT).
Duration: 60 minutes including Q & A.
- John L. Nicholson, Counsel, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP, USA
- Peter Brudenall, Partner, Technology & Outsourcing, Lawrence Graham, UK
Key topics to be discussed:
- Where problems begin - the initial business misunderstanding
- Doing it right
- Business and Legal Due Diligence
- Regulatory Constraints (including EU data protection);
Existing Contractual Commitments;
Employment, Labour and Personnel Issues (including TUPE/ARD);
The RFP Process
Outsourcing Agreement Terms and Conditions
Compliance, Governance and Dispute Resolution
- What is it?
Comparison to standard outsourcing contracts
For more details: http://www.connect-goal.com/resources/427.html
This webinar is designed for:
- Buyers of legal outsourcing services – law firm partners, counsels, IP counsels and IP lawyers, solo practitioners based in US, UK and other markets;
- Service Providers of legal outsourcing services – LPO executives, emerging LPOs from vendor locations in Asia, Africa, UK/Europe, America and others;
- Investors, Software Vendors, Researchers, Academicians and other interested stake holders of LPO industry.
GOAL(Global Outsourcing Association of Lawyers) is the first membership based international non-profit trade association for the legal outsourcing industry made up of the top international legal/IP outsourcing service providers, law firm partners, counsels, solo practitioners, government representatives, legal association representatives, other outsourcing service providers, consultants, academicians, investors, training and placement companies, software companies and other affiliated companies and members with the common goal of promoting the highest level of quality of legal outsourcing in a global environment.