Dublin, Ireland, September 08, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- Shimmer Research has launched a full range of development tools and applications to support rapid development of wearable WSN applications with the Shimmer Platform.
As part of Shimmer Research’s commitment to the development of wearable wireless sensor network (WSN) applications, the applications are designed to facilitate easier configuration, capture, analysis, and set up of WSN application specific to end users requirements. The tools will provide developers of Shimmer based WSN applications with familiar environments such as LabVIEW and MATLAB, and the full benefits of associated tools for signal processing, data analysis, matrix manipulation, algorithm development and test, along with the development of user interfaces and mobile applications.
The development application tools include:
Shimmer LabVIEW Instrument Driver Library
- Instrument Driver VIs, Shimmer VIs, Example Application VIs
- Signal processing and analysis tools
- Powerful, flexible and scalable design
MATLAB Instrument Driver
- Object oriented solution for Shimmer data capture directly into MATLAB
- Provides for full configuration
- Benefit from MATLAB’s full range of Tools
Android Instrument Driver
- Object oriented design allows easy integration with other libraries
- Reduce development time on Android OS
- Multiple examples of how to stream, graph and log data from Shimmer units
C# / .NET Development
- Cross platform approach to demonstrate how to send commands and read responses from Shimmer devices
- Display raw data and save to file
- Source code available to Shimmer customers
Speaking about the release of the suite of applications and tools Kieran Daly, VP of Business Development at Shimmer Research said that the company was focused on providing tools for developers to create high quality applications that can provide real insight and benefit to their work. "We really wanted to provide a comprehensive set of tools to support the Shimmer platform, and allow developers to rapidly develop their applications whilst still being in complete control over the data capture, analysis, functionality, and quality of their end application. It also allows our partners to develop their application specific to their unique requirements, which is key to realising the full value and insight the platform can offer."
For more information about Shimmer Research’s application development tools please visit www.Shimmer-Research.com/r-d/software or call 00353 1 848 6112.
About Shimmer Research:
With clients in over 60 countries worldwide, Shimmer Research is a technology company that is a leading provider of wearable wireless solutions since its foundation in 2008. With a world class R+D centre in Boston, our HQ and manufacturing facility in Ireland, Shimmer Research’s philosophy is that “one sensing solution does not fit all”, rather it fits the application, the use, and the individual.
Clonshaugh Technology Park
Tel: 00353 1 848 6112