Lexington, KY, September 08, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- National media attention, sold-out copies and a fresh focus on what’s cool about Kentucky swirl around the launch of STORY. Up next for Kentucky’s newest magazine: the second issue on September 10 and Wal-Mart as a new place to pick up a copy.
Launched in July by seasoned storyteller Julie Wilson, STORY tells the under-the-radar stories that make Kentucky and its residents so unique, “I work from my gut. From the reaction to STORY’s launch, I’m grateful my gut was right! People are being really receptive and proud to see things that are going on in their backyard. Seeing readers’ passion for the state in their eyes, not just my own, is exactly what I set out to create with STORY.”
Come September 10, the fall issue of STORY will be available at Wal-Mart and Barnes & Noble locations throughout Kentucky, Joseph-Beth Booksellers and Morris Book Shop in Lexington, and Carmichael’s in Louisville. Plenty of copies will be stocked, adds Wilson, “The launch issue sold out in several places. We took extra boxes to Joseph-Beth and Morris Book Shop because of the high demand!”
You can look forward to:
· Urban Reoutfitters: From NoLi to NuLu, downtown areas across the state come alive with resurgence. Why now and what’s the interest?
· Americana Amplified: Bowling Green’s music scene is a breeding ground for national acts.
· Shark Wrangler: Why Chris Fischer, brother of Louisville mayor Greg Fischer, swims with sharks.
· The Other Side of the Track: An exclusive feature with Bill Thomason as he takes over the reins at Keeneland.
· More for Less: The Actors Theatre of Louisville’s new artistic director on why he’s not afraid to take risks.
A quarterly publication, STORY is shot by leading Kentucky photographers, is editorially-driven, and designed to be displayed on coffee tables and shelves. Subscriptions may be purchased on www.storythemagazine.com.
About STORY – Launched in July 2012, STORY is directed at readers who are interested in Kentucky life that often falls outside the bounds of traditional media. Edited and published by award-winning journalist Julie Wilson, STORY is published quarterly. Visit STORY on Facebook at Story Magazine, Twitter @storythemag and online at www.storythemagazine.com.