Denver, CO, September 22, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- Ridge at 38, the metro area’s most eclectic new commercial district, is gearing up for a full day of fun for the whole family this Saturday, September 22 from 1:00 – 11:00 PM.
During the day, Celebrate Ridge at 38 will feature over 40 unique artisan, food and urban farming vendors from across the Metro area, as well as the first ever Harvest Exchange food swap, an interactive kid’s activity area, a “tap takeover” by Ska Brewery at Right Coast Pizza and Pub and live music from Colorado Conservatory for the Jazz Arts musicians. Evening activities include a double-feature outdoor Movie on the Green of Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (the 1971 version followed by the 2005 version), delicious food vendors, a beer and wine garden, and free chocolate sampling from the Chocolate Crisis Center!
Celebrate Ridge at 38 will be held at West 38th Avenue in Wheat Ridge, between Wadsworth Blvd and Reed St, centered on the Green on 38 (located at the corner of West 38th Avenue and High Court, in front of the Wheat Ridge School). The event kicks off at 1:00 PM and includes the following activities:
· 1:00 PM – Celebrate Ridge at 38 Kickoff and Ribbon Cutting
Join Mayor Jerry DiTullio, the Wheat Ridge City Council, community volunteers, West 38th Avenue business owners and Wheat Ridge residents to kick off the festivities and celebrate exciting improvements to Ridge at 38.
· From 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM – Celebrate Ridge at 38 Marketplace
Celebrate the spirit of restoration and revitalization that makes Ridge at 38 so special. The Marketplace will include:
– Artisans Market sponsored by Wazee Partners – Shop unique, locally made goods like handcrafted baby clothes and accessories, vintage clothing and jewelry and fine art.
– Harvest Market and Harvest Exchange – Explore the urban farming movement and swap your most delicious handmade/homegrown goods with other enthusiasts.
– Tap Takeover and Beer/Wine Garden – Ska Brewery is taking over the taps at Right Coast Pizza and Pub and will be showcasing tap room only beers. Arvada Beer Company will be sampling their best brews in the outside beer garden. Wine and other local spirits will also be available.
– Vintage Auto Show – Enjoy vintage vehicles and learn about their restoration.
– Do-it-Yourself Workshops – Learn from our vendors about how to get started with creative endeavors. All class are free and range from urban chicken farming to gardening.
– Kids Activity Area sponsored by KOOL105 – Crafts, activities and learning opportunities all afternoon long, including watercolor painting, spin art, pottery painting and glazing, and a fun photo dress-up booth where kids can become a Ridge at 38 Star.
All this plus food vendors serving up treats all afternoon long!
· From 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM – Outdoor Movie on the Green and Beer/Wine Garden
The fun continues into the evening with more activities in the district. Food vendors will serve sandwiches, popcorn, treats and goodies well into the evening and the Chocolate Crisis Center will be on-hand to give out some free chocolate therapy. Plus:
– Retro/Modern Double-Feature Movie on the Green sponsored by Wheat Ridge Cyclery. Enjoy a double-feature movie featuring the classic version of Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (1971), followed by Tim Burton’s recent take on the original, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005). Pre-movie activities begin at 6:00 PM and the movie starts at dusk.
– Beer/Wine Garden: Sample brews from Ska Brewery and Arvada Beer Company as well as some local wines, and watch a double feature outdoor movie in the comfort of our outdoor beer/wine garden, which will be located on High Court in front of Wheat Ridge Cyclery.
A special thanks goes to the Ridge at 38 sponsors: Wazee Partners (Artisans Marketplace), KOOL105 (Kid’s Activity Area), Wheat Ridge Cyclery (Movie on the Green), and the City of Wheat Ridge and Wheat Ridge 2020.
For more information about Celebrate Ridge at 38, including a detailed event schedule and parking map, please visit the Ridge at 38 website at www.ridgeat38.com or like us on Facebook.
About Ridge at 38
Ridge at 38 is Wheat Ridge’s central commercial district, located on West 38th Avenue between Sheridan and Wadsworth Boulevards. A uniquely eclectic district, Ridge at 38 is home to a mix of businesses that offer neighborhood services alongside diverse shopping and restaurant destinations. Ridge at 38 is a destination that offers an authentic small town experience steeped in nostalgia; where tradition, locally owned and handcrafted goods are valued and where new ideas are nourished and cultivated.