Oceanside, NY, September 22, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- In the recently released and updated U.S. News & World Report's Best Hospitals rankings, South Nassau Communities Hospital is ranked 25th among all hospitals in the state of New York.
“At South Nassau, we exist to serve the communities and patients with standard-setting, compassionate healthcare whenever and wherever they need it,” said Joseph A. Quagliata, South Nassau’s president and CEO. “So, while we respectfully acknowledge this accolade, we absolutely understand that it is a result of our mission-driven, round-the-clock commitment to excellence in the delivery of healthcare services.”
The U.S. News & World Report's Best Hospitals ranking is one of many honors that South Nassau has received within the past year. South Nassau has earned awards for quality, performance and patient safety, including:
- Cancer Program Accreditation by the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer;
- American Heart Association/American College of Cardiology Foundation’s NCDR ACTION Registry–Association Get With The Guidelines® 2011 Gold Performance Achievement Award for coronary artery;
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Get With The Guidelines® 2012 Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award;
- HomeCare Elite™ top home health care provider (for 6 consecutive years);
- The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval™ and Joint Commission Certification for Disease-Specific Care in Knee and Hip Replacement.
South Nassau Communities Hospital is one of the region’s largest hospitals, with 435 beds, more than 900 physicians and 3,000 employees. Located in Oceanside, NY, the hospital is an acute-care, not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides state-of-the-art care in cardiac, oncologic, orthopedic, bariatric, pain management, mental health and emergency services. In addition to its extensive outpatient specialty centers, South Nassau provides emergency and elective angioplasty and is the only hospital on Long Island with the Novalis Tx™ and Gamma Knife® Perfexion radiosurgery technologies. South Nassau is a designated Stroke Center by the New York State Department of Health and Comprehensive Community Cancer Center by the American College of Surgeons and is recognized as a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.