Montreal, Canada, October 12, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- Stingray Digital, the leading supplier of music services for multi-channel television service providers worldwide, has been awarded the Best Entertainment Application for The KARAOKE Channel Application at the 2012 International ITV Awards in Cannes, France.
“We are thrilled to be awarded this prestigious prize, here during MIPCOM,” stated Eric Boyko, President and CEO of Stingray Digital. “This award for Best Entertainment Application for Interactive TVs is a testament to our experience as leading developers of music-related applications and services. We have developed The KARAOKE Channel into a multi-platform service based on our world’s largest library of licensed karaoke songs,” Boyko added.
The International interactive TV industry body, AFDESI (the Association for the Development of Enhanced TV Services and Interactivity) organized this 9th edition of the International Interactive TV Awards. The awards recognize the best entrants in eight different award categories: Best User Experience and Design Interface, Connected TV applications (OTT, Hybrid services, VOD, Catchup…), Best Multiscreen application, Advertising, T-Commerce and services, Best Entertainment Service, Best Enhanced TV Service (Service enriching a TV program), Innovation and Technology and AFDESI Grand Prix.
About Stingray Digital Group
Stingray Digital is the leading multi-platform music service provider in the world, with more than 75 million subscribers in 56 different countries. Our properties include:
· Galaxie, the leading digital music service on TV in Canada and in the US (www.galaxie.ca)
· The KARAOKE Channel, the world’s largest licensed karaoke library and karaoke service on TV and Internet (www.thekaraokechannel.com)
· Music Choice Europe, the leading digital music service on TV in Europe and Africa (www.musicchoiceinternational.com)
· Concert TV, a video-on-demand service distributed to 45 million homes in the US and in Canada (www.concerttv.com)
· Stingray360, a leader in sensorial marketing solutions for business (www.stingray360.com)
· Stingray Music, music licensing for film, television, advertising and other (www.stingray-music.com)
Stingray Digital is financially backed by Telesystem and Novacap. Headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, the company has 200 employees in offices across Canada and additional offices in Los Angeles, and London, England. For more information, visit www.stingraydigital.com.