Boston, MA, October 13, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- Recognizing the specialized navigation needs of truck drivers, TeleType pioneered the use of portable GPS for truck navigation beginning in 2008. Now the company has enhanced the SmartTruckRoute application display and has made further refinements to its routing concepts. The SmartTruckRoute app connects to in-house truck routing servers located in Boston, Massachusetts to allow commercial drivers to use the built-in GPS of the phone or tablet to create truck specific routes with the added benefits of live map updates and live traffic. The software takes into account commercial truck restrictions as well as the vehicle height and weight. SmartTruckRoute helps drivers avoid costly tickets and provides additional safety. Turn by turn visual and voice instructions allow the driver to use the handset hands free when navigating.
According to Marleen Winer, Vice-President, TeleType, “We value the feedback drivers have provided and continually update our servers to provide commercial drivers a convenient, cost effective way to obtain instant truck specific routes for navigation.”
SmartTruckRoute Key Features and Benefits:
· Quick method of validating a truck route with the convenience of using smartphones or tablets.
· Use built-in GPS for turn by turn navigation.
· Instant activation without the need for lengthy map downloads, offers immediate truck specific routing upon purchase, no waiting time.
· Fast routing, even long routes take less than two seconds to complete.
· Highly efficient routing service offers up to the minute maps.
· Routing considerations include low bridge heights and clearances, load limits, one-way road designations, sharp turns, and allowances.
· Visual and Voice turn-by-turn instructions.
· Navigation panel offers large type for critical information such as Distance to Turn, Distance to Go, Time to Destination, and Street names.
· Dynamic routing based on size and weight of vehicle, user definable truck specifications.
· Supports Hazmat restrictions by class to avoid tunnels and other restricted areas as appropriate.
· Displays surrounding traffic and aerial views at no additional charge.
· Use built-in speakerphone to speak the destination address or business name for safe and convenient hands free operation.
· Navigation does not interrupt other functions of the phone therefore the driver can talk simultaneously while navigating.
· New Cellular Data Conservation mode allows drivers to use the app continuously within the standard data plan limits.
· SmartTruckRoute can be used seamlessly with their partner BigRoad for messaging, logging and tracking.
SmartTruckRoute is currently available for Android and is being developed for iOS.
For further information contact TeleType Company at 1-800-717-4478, 1-617-542-6220 or visit www.smarttruckroute.com. SmartTruckRoute is available on Google Play. Cost: $24.95/3 months, $59/lifetime (October only), regular pricing $45 per year. During the month of October, the company is offering the service for a one time payment of $59 including free lifetime updates. Developer modules and services are also available to fleets.