Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom, December 13, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- EPG Online (www.epgonline.org), the professional website for doctors, has launched its latest free educational resource for physicians. This Heart Failure Knowledge Centre has been developed to provide healthcare professionals with current and accurate information relating to chronic heart failure as well as post-myocardial infarction (post-MI).
Chronic Heart Failure is an increasing public health problem; the growing prevalence in industrialised countries means that 1-2% of the adult population of these countries are now thought to have chronic heart failure. [1-3] This accounts for 6.5 million people across Europe  and a further 5 million people in the US. Estimates suggest that the prevalence in Europe, USA and Japan could increase by approximately 16.5% over the next ten years. 
The Heart Failure Knowledge Centre focuses on the pathophysiology, diagnosis, management and latest treatment recommendations for chronic heart failure by the European Society of Cardiology in their 2012 guidelines. In addition to this, the Knowledge Centre also contains information relating to the diagnosis, treatment and management of post- MI heart failure.
“Awareness of the latest knowledge and best practice guidelines for chronic heart failure is of course important for the effective management of patients with this condition.” -Chris Cooper EPG Health Media. “By working with our partner, Pfizer, we are able to support physicians with an excellent resource in this area.”
EPG Online has been providing free access to the most recent best practice diagnosis and patient management guidelines for more than 12 years. In addition to more than twenty condition specific educational Knowledge Centres, EPG Online includes a databases of prescription drugs in 9 European languages, clinical trial reports, treatment guidelines, medical news, journal articles, multimedia, social media conversations and apps. EPG Online is published by UK based EPG Health Media (Europe) ltd (www.epghealthmedia.com).
1. Zannad F, et al. Incidence, clinical and etiologic features, and outcomes of advanced chronic heart failure: the EPICAL Study. Journal of the American College of Cardiology 1999; 33(3):734-742.
2. Cowie MR, et al. The epidemiology of heart failure. European Heart Journal 1997;18(2):208-225.
3. Mosterd A, Hoes A. Clinical epidemiology of heart failure. Heart 2007;93:1137-1146.
4. Tendera M. Epidemiology, treatment and guidelines for the treatment of heart failure in Europe. Eur Heart J 2005; 7(suppl):J5-J9.
5. Decision Resources. Chronic Heart Failure. Cardium Study No.4 A Pharmacor Service. 2008.