White Rock, Canada, December 29, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- Top resolutions by people include a desire to lose weight, stop smoking, exercise more, improve health and looks, improve relationships, and making or saving more money. Here are powerful tips to reach your goal:
1. Stop cheating yourself and hold yourself accountable. Make a verbal commitment to a few people.
2. Write down specific, measureable, realistic goals. If more exercise is the goal, be gradual in increasing intensity and duration of exercise. Being overambitious leads to disappointment, or even injury. Make the goal simple, such as resolving to lose 10 pounds (just ‘lose weight’ is too vague); to reduce sweets, to walk Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Patience and calm persistence leads to success.
3. Create a written plan for success with support from a family member, friend, mentor, professional, a class, a good book or self-help recording. Monthly automated savings? Cut up credit cards? Deodorant only available at the gym? Improve a relationship by setting aside more time to be with a loved one? Plan how you will deal with any obstacles that may arise.
4. Be positive, and think “I can do this.” Have an intense focused mind set on what you should do, not what you should not do. For example, instead of thinking of not smoking, focus on deep breathing, or drinking more water.
5. Think of setbacks as learning experiences so you can do better next time.
6. Talk to people who have done what you want to do. Model them.
7. Realize you have a choice. Going in the right direction reinforces your will power.
8. Reward yourself for small steps to success. Perhaps a movie, a small gift, a new outfit, a visit to a friend, etc.
9. Several times a day, read a card with motivational reasons and benefits to stick to your plan: Have one on your mirror, and carry one in your wallet to read when waiting somewhere.
10. Keep a journal of your progress. People wanting to lose weight often say “I blew my program”, when they did well on 20 meals out of 21 during the week. That’s over 95% success! A journal gives you an accurate way to evaluate and improve your plan for success.
Many success coaches instruct others to start with easier goals to feel a sense of accomplishment. This gives confidence to achieve bigger goals. Sometimes it is best to focus all your mental energy on one major goal at a time, focusing on small steps. One brick at a time creates a building.
The key to most of the work Romane does is teaching people how to intensely focus their mental powers on what they want; to boost their belief in themselves, to increase their self-love so they are totally motivated to success; and to guide their self-talk and program mental images into their mind so that they imagine and feel that they have already succeeded. Hypnosis is a powerful and natural tool to focus the mental energies of your subconscious mind for success in reaching any goal.
For more information on Romane, his seminars, recordings and books, visit vanceromane com