Author Scott Woods Announced Book Release and Supporting Tour
Brick Cave Books, the publishing imprint of Brick Cave Media is proud to announce the release of the new book by writer Scott Woods, "We Over Here Now" for January 25th, 2013. This book, the culmination of years of work by the author, showcases a wide range of poetry in style and substance from one of the best writers today.
Additionally, Mr. Woods has announced a series of readings and appearances in support of the show, updated on his website, scottwoodswrites.net. Highlights include:
- January 18 - Performing in Haiku Deathmatch @ First Draft Open Mic @ Kafe Kerouac - Columbus, OH
- January 19 - Workshop "Poetry Boot Camp (Mild)" - Columbus, OH (This workshop is full)
- January 25 - Interview @ Speaking of Poetry @ Talktainmentradio.com - Columbus, OH 6:00
- Feburary 1 - Book Launch Party for "We Over Here Now" @ Blacklick Woods Banquet Hall - Reynoldsburg, OH
- February 3 - Interview @ The Poets Louge Radio Show @ thepulse-radio.com
- February 6 - Competing in Win & You're In Poetry Slam @ Writers' Block Poetry Night @ Kafe Kerouac - Columbus, OH
- February 13 - Feature @ U of M Flint - Flint, MI
- February 27 - Feature @ Wittenberg University - Springfield, OH
The book features a wide range of subjects, from the toungue in cheek "What the Black Poets Will Kill Me For Telling You" to the emotionally inspiring "Comfort Woman's Gold" to the Nerd infused "Cthulhu Calls for Love," Scott delivers on every level. Brick Cave Books has also release a 10 part interview online with Scott, with each part being posted to the company's blog in a lead up to the book launch.
About Brick Cave Media
Brick Cave Media is a self described microglomerate company aggregating the content of several artists across the digital and traditional video, print and audio marketplaces. BCM also manages media properties such as the highly successful Haven Short Story Series and the Internet Radio Show brickcavebookcast.com. Founded in 2007 by Bob Nelson, the organization continues to grow and seek opportunities in the new digital media marketplace.
About Scott Woods
Scott Woods has published work in a variety of publications, presented his work to audiences across the country, and has been featured multiple times in national press, including World Literature Today, Rattle, Paste, and on national Public Radio. He was inducted into the Thompson-Gale Contemporary Black Biography encyclopedia and writes a monthly poetry column entitled "Poetry Is Doomed" for GotPoetry.com. He served as the president of Poetry Slam, Inc. for seven years and continues to slam competitively.
In 2006, Scott Woods became the first poetry ever complete a 24 hour solo poetry reading, a feat repeated for seven years without ever repeating a poem from any of the seven years.
To receive Brick cave Media Press Releases via email, join the BCM Press Corp at firstname.lastname@example.org.