Mumbai, India, January 17, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- As part of the ongoing celebrations of 100 Years of Indian Cinema, two engaging platforms: Catapooolt and Jade Magnet, have teamed together to bridge global art & design communities through their contest “My 100 Years of Indian Cinema”. The contest invites designers and creative zealots around the world, to submit their own interpretation of Indian cinema; be it through posters, sketches, or illustrations and mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31, 2013.
Sharing the vision behind the campaign, Mr. Satish Kataria, Managing Director, Catapooolt said, “Since Catapooolt is based on the premise of leveraging the power of communities - we thought that this could be the apt platform and time to bring together communities - especially the design professionals - and give them an opportunity to connect with the medium of cinema - and together, celebrate the historic landmark of our cinema industry. We do hope that this contest will enable several art and design lovers to permanently etch their place amongst the annals of cinematic history.”
Selecting the entries will be done by eminent personalities from the film and design world:
- Sumit Purohit: Writer, Indie Filmmaker and Editor
- Karan Anshuman: Film critic for Mumbai Mirror, Creative Director at Dreamscape
- SMM Ausaja: Prominent writer, film historian, producer, documentary maker, journalist and Vice President at Osian’s Learning Experience, Mumbai
The prizes are up to 25000 INR which are detailed below:
- The prizes for top winning entries will be constituted in a Collector’s Memorable- marking 100 years of Indian Cinema - and this will be distributed to dozens of cinema industry, media and creative community;
- Cash prizes of INR 12,500/- INR 7,500/- and INR 5,000/- respectively to top three prizes.
- The winning entries will also be showcased at some of India’s most upcoming premier events, which will be celebrated throughout the year 2013 to mark India’s cinema centenary.
- Top three entries also to win author-autographed edition of Coffee Table book on Bollywood Posters - which is perhaps the best collected compendium of Indian film posters ever done.
As a bonus and to officially kick off the February launch of Catapooolt, all entries will receive Catapooolt credits worth 500 INR each, which could then be utilized to contribute and support hosting of films, music and other creative projects soon to be listed on the Catapooolt platform. The Catapooolt platform is scheduled to launch in February 2013.