Pittsburgh, PA, February 23, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- Black Box, an industry-leading provider of multimedia and digital signage technology, announced today that it will be distributing its newly updated AV, Multimedia, and Digital Signage Design and Sourcing Guide during Digital Signage Expo 2013 (DSE® 13) February 27–28 in Las Vegas.
This guide features educational resources and checklists to help simplify the job of having to choose compatible parts for a high-performance digital signage or AV distribution system. It includes tutorials, planning tips, and comparisons of:
• Video formats (VGA, Composite, DVI, HDMI®, DisplayPort, and others).
• AV distribution methods (in-line, CATx-based, fiber-based, IP-based, and wireless).
• Components that typically make up an integrated digital signage/AV distribution system.
• Video display methods and display configurations.
“The process can be quite overwhelming for those starting to design an end-to-end system,” says Brian Kutchma, VP of Sales at Black Box. “This guide is designed to simplify that process, whether you’re planning a system for digital signage, a corporate or school video distribution application, command and control, or medical imaging.”
Plus, the guide gives a comprehensive overview of the types of products found in the entire digital signage ecosystem and spotlights Black Box’s full range of solutions for digital signage, including:
• iCOMPEL™, the award-winning integrated hardware/software system for easy implementation of signage by SMBs, including versions for standalone kiosk and interactive kiosk signage, models for receiving digital HDMI input from a set-top box, and modular models for OPS slot installation in a screen.
• iCOMPEL EDS, the company’s platform for controlling enterprise-class signage, which enables administrators to schedule and change presentations for any screen in any worldwide location.
• MediaFlyer™ EXPRESS, an easy-to-scale hardware/hosted solution that enables businesses with little technical or creative know-how to quickly set up signage and incorporate social media content.
In addition to digital signage platforms, the guide features Black Box’s full suite of:
• Extenders for efficient distribution of VGA, HDMI, and DVI signals over long distances using non-networked cable runs or an IP network (Ethernet LAN).
• Splitters for easily duplicating a VGA, DisplayPort, HDMI, or DVI signal for display on multiple screens.
• Switches for routing multimedia signals from a single source or multiple sources to one or more displays.
• Converters and scalers for outputting various video formats on different types of displays and monitors.
• Wireless receivers for sharing video presentations easily in meeting rooms.
To get the complimentary design guide, visit Booth #645 on the floor of the Las Vegas Convention Center during DSE 13 or visit blackbox.com/go/GuideDS. For help choosing a digital signage or an AV distribution solution, speak to a free, 24/7 Tech Support expert today at 724-746-5500. Also be sure to ask about Black Box’s special support programs for system integrators and resellers.
About Black Box
Black Box is a leading technology product solutions provider that helps customers build, manage, optimize, and secure their networks. In addition to award-winning digital signage platforms, the company is a single source for AV extenders, splitters, switches, converters/scalers, and many other multimedia solutions. Black Box is ISO 9001:2008 certified and has received numerous industry recognitions, including the following awards: Info Security Products Global Excellence, CRN Tech Innovator, TMC Communications Solutions Product of the Year, Network Products Guide Reader Trust, Network Products Guide Product Innovation, R&D 100, Five Star ratings from SC Magazine, and a Cabling Business Magazine Award of Excellence. Black Box provides its customers with free, 24/7 pre- and post-sales technical support.
Black Box® and the Double Diamond logo are registered trademarks, and iCOMPEL™ and MediaFlyer™ are trademarks, of BB Technologies, Inc. Any third-party trademarks mentioned in this release are the property of their respective owners.