Knoxville, TN, March 22, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- Simple Software is pleased to announce the latest iteration of our easy-to-use scanning and indexing flagship product, SimpleIndex. SimpleIndex is a lightweight program that make short work of turning stacks of paper into well cataloged and easy to find digital files. This latest revision includes an enhanced server processing module with a web services interface, integrated export function with built-in templates for several popular document management solutions, and free versions of our Imaging Suite applications.
New Server Manager - The server configuration tool is much more intuitive and now lets users monitor batch processing in real time. Similarly, the redesigned server module is faster, more reliable and uses fewer system resources.
New Web Services - The web service interface lets users submit job files on demand for processing on the server. This lets users run any job any time, provides tight integration with third party applications, and avoids having to configure each job in the manager.
New Integrated Export - The SimpleExport functionality is integrated right into SimpleIndex and improves integration with web services and SharePoint. Templates for several popular document management applications are included, and new templates can be developed quickly for a nominal charge. But the best part is that there is no longer a need to purchase a SimpleExport license to use custom exports!
SharePoint 2010 users can upload documents, organize folders and set custom field data directly from SimpleIndex. Users who have developed custom web services can have documents and data published directly to their website with HTTP POST and web services file uploads.
Other Enhancements in SimpleIndex 7.5 - Current users will also notice background enhancements such as improved handling with variations in TIFF, PDF, and JPEG files. Likewise the ability to process on-the-fly during scanning has been ramped up and for those who work in virtual environments, there's enhanced support for VMWare.
A new Global Settings Wizard makes initial setup easier than ever, and adds the option to associate SimpleIndex job files with the right-click menu in Windows Explorer. Perform OCR operations on the clipboard or from screen shots, not just scanned pages. A new Long Text Editor lets users manually select, extract and format paragraphs of text. Like using barcodes? Barcode accuracy has been improved and SimpleIndex can even extract specific characters from within a barcode value.
Under the Hood - Simple Software turned up the dial on the performance and added some behind-the-scenes enhancements that users have been asking for:
- New, faster imaging libraries with better support for variations in TIFF/PDF/JPEG formats
- New Regular Expressions implementation allows advanced features like look-ahead and look-behind
- Improved VMWare support
- Improved support for mouse wheel actions
- Improved on-the-fly processing during scanning
- Better barcode accuracy through improved barcode checksum support
Other New Features - From the moment users run SimpleIndex 7.5 for the first time, they'll find new tools and options to help get more done faster. The following lists all new features added since the 7.2 release.
- New Global Settings Wizard streamlines initial setup process
- Clipboard and screen shot OCR captures data from application screens
- Multi-crop: draw several zones on the page and extract them to separate files automatically
- Display converted index log report after batch with clickable links to exported files
- Process any folder with any SimpleIndex job by right-clicking the folder in Windows Explorer
- Pages are displayed while rescanning or scanning to a single file
- Extract characters from a barcode using %[start,length]% in template
- Simplified compression options screen
- Insert files into batch
- Long text editor for capturing large blocks of text; quickly copy/paste and reformat text from searchable PDFs
- Add new records to database when no match is found on export
- Sort input by modified date instead of filename
- Test Barcodes option reads all barcodes on the page and gives coordinates, type and other stats
- Find in Lists option helps find values in a long list when the starting characters are not known
- Improved Integration with Servers and Databases
From launching jobs via the web to saving index data directly in a DMS friendly format, SimpleIndex 7.5 steps it up from start to finish.