San Jose, CA, April 29, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- The first Decision CAMP, a free event dedicated to improving the ways companies use Decision Management technologies, will be hosted at eBay, Nov. 4-6, 2013.
Initiated as an autonomous special interest group of IntelliFest focusing on decision management, Decision CAMP is a networking group centered around a participant-driven "unconference" where professionals can network with, learn from, and teach one another in a collaborative environment.
This inaugural Decision CAMP will feature sessions led by renowned expert in business rules, predictive analytics and optimization technologies, such as:
• Dr. Charles Forgy, inventor of the Rete algorithm
• Kenny Shi, Decision Management leader at eBay
• Carole-Ann Matignon, co-founder & CEO Sparkling Logic
• Mark Proctor, JBoss Drools co-founder and Red Hat platform architect
• Dr. Jacob Feldman, CTO OpenRules
• Carlos Serrano-Morales, co-founder & CTO Sparkling Logic
Decision CAMP is currently looking for industry practitioners interested in sharing their experience with Decision Management. The call for speakers is now open and the deadline for submissions is May 17, 2013.
“Decision CAMP is a fantastic venue for all decision managers, offering fast-track education and expert sessions,” says Carole-Ann Matignon, CEO Sparkling Logic. “Our goal is to give each and every attendee a wealth of practical and actionable information to take back to the office. We look forward to sharing our passion, expertise and energy, to improve decisions around the world.”
Highlights of the event will include:
• Design Patterns and Best Practices presentations
• Workshops for business analysts and software architects
• Participant-led panels and breakout sessions on the "unconference" day
• A vertical day for Healthcare and Financial Services
• Cross-pollination of ideas by the Decision Management leading minds
Interested practitioners can register or submit a speaking proposal at www.decision-camp.com
• Decision CAMP information - http://decision-camp.com
• Follow @decisioncamp on Twitter - http://twitter.com/decisioncamp
About Sparkling Logic
Sparkling Logic Inc. is a California-based company leading technology innovation in Decision Management. Its SMARTS™ decision management system empowers business experts and business analysts in organizations that need to automate and improve business decisions. SMARTS uniquely leverages data in the decision management environment to facilitate the capture business rules in the context of use cases, assess the impact of changes in the decision strategy, and combine decision logic revealed in historical data with business rules based on business policy and expertise.
Learn more about Sparkling Logic at www.sparklinglogic.com.
Sparkling Logic, Sparkling Logic SMARTS, RedPen and BluePen are trademarks of Sparkling Logic, Inc. in the United States and in other countries. Patents Pending.
OpenRules, Inc. is a NJ-based corporation that develops and supports a highly popular Open Source Business Decision Management System commonly known as "OpenRules". OpenRules BDMS is oriented to business analysts allowing them to work in concert with developers creating and maintaining enterprise-level Business Rules Repositories for complex Decision Management Systems. OpenRules support Executable Decision Models and utilizes the power of MS Excel, Google Docs, and Eclipse IDE. OpenRules BDMS also includes:
• Rule Dialog allows non-programmers to create intelligent Web-based questionnaires
• Rule Solver integrates Business Rules with Constraint and Linear Programming
• Rule Learner utilizes different Machine Learning tools for rules discovery and predictive analytics.
For 10 years OpenRules has been used by enterprises worldwide in complex multi-transactional environments. OpenRules customers include major international corporations such as Thomson Reuters, RBS and Swisscom, insurers such as Blue Shield of California and Lafayette Life, healthcare providers such as the Children Hospital of Philadelphia, and large government agencies such as IRS and European Patent Office. OpenRules, Inc. provides technical support, consulting, and training services in the decision management area. Read more at http://openrules.com