Montreal, Canada, May 05, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- Stingray Digital, an innovative Montreal-based provider of music services for multi-channel operators, announced today the launch of The KARAOKE Channel on Ziggo’s Music VOD services. Ziggo is the largest cable operator in the Netherlands. As of today, Ziggo’s TV extra subscribers have access to a selection of great karaoke videos.
"Stingray is pleased to offer this additional music service to Ziggo subscribers, who will now have access to the high-quality karaoke videos This is a great, complementary service to Music Choice, the nonstop radio channels that Stingray already offers to Ziggo subscribers,"says Eric Boyko, President and CEO of Stingray Digital, owner of The KARAOKE Channel.
With the world's largest library of licensed karaoke songs, The KARAOKE Channel offers high-quality re-recorded hit songs in the style of the original artist, across multiple genres. Subscribers may select their favorite songs from genres like Pop, Rock, and Urban. Song selection includes hit songs from today's top-charting artists and yesterday's legends, so that there are songs for everyone to enjoy. The songs play with scrolling lyric cues on original concept video backgrounds and a lead vocal guide track, making it easier than ever to sing along.
About The KARAOKE Channel
The KARAOKE Channel, with a vast and complete library of professional quality karaoke songs, has been spreading the fun of karaoke on TV as a video on demand service available in more than 55 million homes worldwide. Major television service providers offering The KARAOKE Channel Video On Demand include: Virgin Media and TalkTalk in the UK, Ziggo and UPC NL in the Netherlands, Telenet in Belgium, MEO, Optimus and Zon in Portugal, Bnet in Croatia, Swiss TV in Switzerland and many others in Canada and the USA.
For more information, visit www.thekaraokechannel.com
About Stingray Digital Group
Stingray Digital is the leading multi-platform music service provider in the world, with more than 75 million subscribers in 71 different countries. Our properties include:
· Galaxie, the leading digital music service on TV and multiplatform in Canada, in the US and in Latin America (www.galaxie.ca)
· Galaxie Music Videos on Demand, a complete library of current and classic music videos in multiple genres and several languages
· The KARAOKE Channel, the world’s largest licensed karaoke library and karaoke service on TV and Internet (www.thekaraokechannel.com)
· Music Choice Europe, the leading digital music service on TV in Europe and Africa (www.musicchoiceinternational.com)
· Concert TV, a video-on-demand service distributed to 45 million homes in the US and in Canada (www.concerttv.com)
· Stingray360, a leader in sensorial marketing solutions for business (www.stingray360.com)
· Stingray Music, music licensing for film, television, advertising and other (www.stingray-music.com)
Stingray Digital is financially backed by Telesystem and Novacap. Headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, the company has 200 employees in offices across Canada and additional offices in Los Angeles, London, England and Tel Aviv. For more information, visit www.stingraydigital.com.
For more information, please contact:
+ 1 514-664-1244 ext 2283