New York, NY, June 12, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- AVF 26th Annual Meeting Call for Abstracts
Abstract Submission: Monday, June 3 - Monday, September 9, 2013, 11:59 pm (EST)
The objective of the American Venous Forum (AVF) is to offer a serious academic forum to those physicians interested in research, education and clinical investigation in the field of venous diseases. AVF encourages all of its colleagues to participate in this growing educational program either by submission of a formal abstract for standard oral, quick shot presentation or poster presentation.
Please visit www.veinforum.org if interested in submitting an abstract for the AVF 26th Annual Meeting.
The Vein Forum Course: A Comprehensive Hands-On Course for Practicing Clinicians
The American Venous Forum invites you to attend The Vein Forum Course: A Comprehensive Hands-On Course for Practicing Clinicians on October 11-12, 2013 at the Hyatt Harborside in Boston, MA.
High quality education is the leading principle of the American Venous Forum. The Vein Forum Course will provide clinicians with:
- A unique educational opportunity beyond a basic introduction to venous disease
- Knowledge of how to utilize new technologies such as endovenous therapies and foam to treat varicose veins and venous ulcers
- State-of-the-art lectures by leaders in venous disease
- Understanding of the newer technologies of endovenous ablation, pharmacomechanical thrombectomy and tissue substitutes for venous ulcer care
- Hands-on practice with models
- Tools to improve competence, practice performance and patient outcomes by being more active in the prevention and treatment of DVT/PE
- Edited video presentations
- Proper ultrasound assessment of a patient with venous disease
- Comfort using advanced wound care techniques like synthetic skin substitutes
- How to employ duplex ultrasonography and intra-venous ultrasound in the treatment of CVI and PTS
MOC Level 2 and AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ will be provided for this activity pending ACS approval.
For more information please visit www.veinforum.org.
Join the leaders in venous disease!
The American Venous Forum is a medical society comprised of an international consortium of clinicians who care for patients with venous and lymphatic disease. As a result of our robust leadership and solid membership, AVF is considered a leader in this field with an enduring reputation as a credible source for evidenced based information and advanced cutting-edge treatment options. Over the years we have expanded our goals and sustained our dedication to maintaining the highest standards in education, basic and clinical research, and clinical practice.
Benefits of Membership
News & Publications
- Paid subscription to the Journal of Vascular Surgery: Venous and Lymphatic Disorders
- Patient Informed Consents
- Patient Education Brochures
- Opportunity to participate on committees advancing knowledge through research, documentation, public awareness and guidelines
- Opportunity to participate on multi-specialty coalitions to advocate for improvements in venous and lymphatic disease
- Discounted registration to AVF Annual Meetings
- Opportunity to review AVF Annual Meeting presentations online
- Discounted registration to the Vein Forum: A comprehensive Hands-On Course for Practicing Clinicians
- Discounted participation in the National Screening Program
Networking & Public Awareness
- Find A Doctor – include your practice in the listing of venous disease experts
AVF Member Listing – access to network with the leaders in venous disease
- Recognition internationally as thought leaders, expert investigators and clinicians in venous and lymphatic disease
If interested in joining the AVF, please visit www.veinforum.org for more information.
The American Venous Forum (AVF) is dedicated to improving the care of patients with venous and lymphatic disease through education, research and technology. Membership is open to vascular surgeons, physicians and allied health professionals engaged in the care of patients with venous and lymphatic diseases.