Great Falls, MT, June 13, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- The Artist in Residence Program is ideal for the emerging, mid-career or professional artist. Self-directed artists in any discipline will enjoy a 1,100 square foot studio with 24-hour access. The body of work created during the residency will culminate in a solo museum exhibition. In addition to the museum component, resident artists will gain teaching experience in the K-12 system in which they will be awarded a $4,800 stipend.The program is a collaboration between Paris Gibson Square and Great Falls Public Schools to enhance the creative, intellectual and personal growth of both the resident and students served.
Paris Gibson Square Museum of Art is dedicated to fulfilling the artistic needs of the general public. This is accomplished through:
- Fostering accessibility and understanding of modern, contemporary and self-taught art.
- Collecting, preserving, exhibiting and interpreting art that actively engages a diverse and growing audience;
- Providing educational programming that inspires artistic expression and understanding;
- Expanding public knowledge of, interest in and support for the arts and artists of the region; and
- Serving as a cultural center, and continuing the preservation of the historically significant Paris Gibson Square building.
As The Square's 2013 Artist in Residence, you will be a part of our museum's great mission. For more details, potential applicants can find the full prospectus and directions for applying on the Paris Gibson Museum of Art website home page, www.the-square.org