Bangkok, Thailand, June 22, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- The Style by Toyota 9FilmFest 2013
This year marks the 3rd anniversary of Bangkok’s short film festival, The Style by Toyota 9FilmFest 2013 which is poised to be the biggest yet. Created in 2011 by Brian Bennett, the founder of the original Bangkok Film Festival in 1998, 9FilmFest sets itself apart from other film festivals with all its films having a short running length and “signature item” also referred to as “9SI.”
The 1st 9FilmFest was held in 2011 and Best Film was the Japanese Entry -Numberman Theory, directed by Eiji Shimada. The 2nd Amazing Thailand 9FlimFest Best Film was Video Call directed by Wattanapong Wongwan winning a prize of 600,000 THB. This year’s festival which will be held at Siam Paragon Cineplex on September 21-22, will be a challenge to see who will win the grand prize, a “brand new Toyota VIOS.”
Each year, 9FilmFest has a signature item, 9SI (or theme). In 2011, 9SI was the number “9” while in 2012 “Heart” was its 9SI. Year 2013’s signature item, 9SI, is a waterway, which means a moving body of water. A waterway can be a river, a stream or a canal which Bangkok, as well as most parts of Thailand, have had a long history of and are surrounded with a "waterway." Thus, “Waterway” was a natural choice for Thailand. 9SI is a symbol to ensure that the films have been created for our festival and the creators have had input in the birth of the film making.
9Film Fest has always had the honor of prominent figures in the film industry to be part of the jury. This year’s jury includes Ananda Everingham (Actor), Tannia Tanwarin Sukkhapisit (Director), Kong Rithdee (Film Critic), Prachya Pinkaew ( Director), Areeya Chumsai (Director), Yuthana Boonorm (Entertainment), Adam Yukol (Director), John Anderson (USA, Film Critic)
To lay emphasis on 9Film Fest’s commitment to helping young, talented and aspiring short filmmakers, The Style by Toyota 9FilmFest 2013 will also include workshops that will be held throughout July and August. All workshops focus on the step by step approach to filmmaking; acting in film, developing a screenplay, the importance of good teamwork, role of the director, pre-production, and the Adobe Creative Cloud.
Workshops schedule is as follows:
· Saturday, 6th July – “Where does Inspiration come from?” with Pop Areeya, Director and Producer & “How to shoot a documentary.” Brian Bennett, 9FilmFest Director, will conduct a workshop on “Rules of Entry, Guidelines, What it takes to be a Finalist.”
· Saturday, 13th July - “Good scripts, make good films?’ with Wych Kaosayananda, Prachya Pinkaew, Film Directors.
· Saturday, 27th July - Can we live without Pre-Production? How?” with Adam Yukol, Film Director and owner of FuKDuK Production Co. Ltd
· Wednesday, 31st July - Acting Workshop with Mr. Kaprice Kea, Acting Coach, Fluid Co., Ltd.
· Saturday, 3rd August - “The Importance of Teamwork” with Wych Kaosayananda, Film Director
· Wednesday, 7 August – “Winning 2012 Amazing Thailand 9FilmFest” with Wattanapong Wongwan, Director, who will be presenting his experiences on writing, producing and directing his Best Film winner Video Call.
· Saturday, 10 August - “Who wants to be a director?” with Tannia Tanwarin Sukkhapisit, Director, President of Thai Film Directors Association.
· Saturday, 24th August – “Adobe Creative Cloud’ with Adobe Team, Adobe Premiere Pro, who will be explaining simple yet critical editing processes
In addition, The Style by Toyota at Siam Square, the festival’s main sponsor this year, will be hosting movie nights throughout the months of July and August presenting 9FilmFest semi-finalist and finalist films from 9Film Fest 2011 and 2012.
Movie nights schedule is as follows:
· 26 July – 9FilmFest Finalists 2011
· 14 Aug – 9FilmFest Semi-Finalists 2012
· 21 Aug - 9FilmFest Semi-Finalists 2012
· 28 Aug - 9FilmFest Finalists 2012
9FilmFest Mission Statement
9FilmFest champions emerging creative talent and provides an outlet for aspiring and established filmmakers from around the world. 9FilmFest wants to be the switch to having their visions realized and dreams made a reality. 9FilmFest was created as a vehicle to drive forward a new generation of filmmakers and creative professionals and to evolve Thailand as an epicenter for filmmaking and the industry.
By providing a forum for filmmakers to showcase their work, we hope to highlight the world’s wealth of talent. 9FilmFest is dedicated to creating an environment where talent can flourish and creativity abounds. We are the bridge between people and their potential.
For more information and Public Relations inquiries, please contact:
Khun A – Manod Soising Tel: 081 021 5834