More Than 100 Hours of Programming Set for All Four Days at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con Aug. 8-11
Wizard World Chicago Comic Con features 100 hours of programming, including Q&As With Stars Stan Lee, Michael Shannon, John Barrowman, WWE® Superstar CM Punk®; Firefly, Smallville Cast Reunions; Tons Of Comics And Artist Panels; Costume Contests; Meet-And Greets; Evening Programming Also Featured At Pop Culture Festival At Donald E. Stephens Convention Center
Some of the featured programming includes:
· Q&A sessions with Lee, Shannon, Barrowman, Manu Bennett, Zachary Quinto, James Marsters, Jon Heder, Wil Wheaton, Ralph Macchio, Jason David Frank and many others.
· WWE extravaganza, featuring a session with Punk and one with WWE® Diva AJ Lee, WWE® Hall Of Famer Ricky “the Dragon” Steamboat™ and WWE® Superstar Dolph Ziggler™.
· Cast reunions of “Firefly” (Morena Baccarin, Summer Glau, Alan Tudyk) “Smallville” (Aaron Ashmore, Allison Mack, Michael Rosenbaum, Marsters) and “Warehouse 13” (Ashmore, Eddie McClintock).
· “A Conversation With... Robert Rodriguez,” an evening with the noted filmmaker (first admission for all VIPs, general admission free or suggested donation).
· Comics-themed panels headed by some of the top names in the industry, including Neal Adams, Michael Golden, Greg Capullo, Scott Snyder, Chris Claremont, Alan Davis, Rob Prior and Esad Ribic. Superman, Batman and X-Men fans will take special delight in a few of them.
· Costume contests for adults (Saturday night) and kids (Sunday) bring out the best cosplayers in the Midwest.
· Evening programming including the inaugural Wizard World Artist Pro-Am (Friday, 5 Roses Pub, 5509 Park Place, Rosemont) and Official After Party (Saturday, Hyatt Regency O'Hare, 9300 Bryn Mawr Ave., across from the Convention Center).
· Five Sci-Fi Speed Dating sessions to make that match.
· The Art Of Frank Frazetta, curated by Rodriguez, with original Frazetta masterwork paintings (museum donation required).
· Kids Day (Sunday) with an array of panels and events designed especially for children
Unless noted, programming events take place in the designated General Programming Rooms at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center. Most are included as part of standard Wizard World Chicago Comic Con admission; VIP tickets or additional costs may apply to ensure access to select activities, as noted.
A full list of Wizard World Chicago Comic Con programming is at http://www.wizardworld.com/programming-ch.html (subjects, guests, times and rooms subject to change):
Wizard World Comic Con events bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop-fi, pop culture, movies, graphic novels, comics, toys, video gaming, television, sci-fi, gaming, original art, collectibles, contests and more. Wizard World Chicago Comic Con show hours are Thursday, Aug. 8, 3-8 p.m.; Friday, Aug. 9, noon – 7 p.m.; Saturday, Aug. 10, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 11, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Chicago Comic Con is also the place for cosplay, with fans young and old showing off their best costumes throughout the event. Fans dressed as every imaginable character – and some never before dreamed – will roam the convention floor, often stopping by the Cosplay Stage, the ideal place to see and be seen.
For more on the 2013 Wizard World Chicago Comic Con, visit http://www.wizardworld.com/home-ch.html.
About Wizard World:
Wizard World (OTCBB: WIZD) produces Comic Cons and pop culture conventions across North America that celebrate graphic novels, comic books, movies, TV shows, gaming, technology, toys and social networking. The events often feature celebrities from movies and TV, artists and writers, and events such as premieres, gaming tournaments, panels, and costume contests.
The full event schedule can be found at www.wizardworld.com.