Berlin, Germany, October 27, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- The need to recharge the wholesale markets and the accompanying new identity for traders will be top of mind during the high-level discussions at the annual EMART Energy from 26-27 November in Berlin, when more than 850 energy trading experts will gather.
Says EMART Energy director Nel Jonk: “In 2014, Europe’s energy traders will have to move a big step forward to recharge the wholesale markets. Important changes will take place for anyone involved in power and gas trading and now is the time to define a future vision.”
Clear that market is changing
She continues: “EMART Energy is the leading platform on the continent and the timing to discuss the role of traders in the future energy landscape could not be better. It is clear that the market is changing and its leaders agree that now is the time to define a vision for the power and gas markets. During the EMART Energy opening session on Tuesday, 26 November, we will address specific issues such as whether renewables subsidies really are to blame, how energy companies can continue to invest in their plants and prevent blackouts and what the future of the price of gas will be.”
Plenary Official Opening session
Theme: “Recharging the wholesale markets – how will traders feature in a new energy sector landscape?”
Moderator: Paul Dawson, Chairman of EFET & Head of Regulatory Affairs, RWE Supply & Trading, UK
- Are we witnessing a re-orchestration of energy industry assumptions by policymakers?
- Will government determined price floors, caps and strike prices become normal?
- Can the EU Emissions Trading Scheme still save us from threatened market distortions
- Would the phasing out of renewable energy financial support schemes help?
- What will be the role for traders if most investments are not market led?
• Bente Hagem, Vice Chairperson of the Board, ENTSO-E
• Christopher Delbrueck, CEO, E.ON Global Commodities
• Walter Boltz, Executive Director E-Control and Vice Chair Regulatory Board, ACER
More high-level industry experts speaking at EMART Energy:
• Alberto Ponti, Managing Director - Head European Utilities, Société Générale, UK
• Alex McDonald, CEO, Wholesale Market Brokers Association, UK
• András Hujber, Policy Officer, DG Energy, European Commission, Belgium
• Arnaud Cruiziat, Co-Head of Gas, Power, Coal and Emissions Markets Europe, Société Générale, France
• Christophe Cesson, NRA Cooperation Officer, ACER, Slovenia
• Giles Ward, Policy Officer, DG Markt, European Commission, Belgium
• Thomas Veyrenc, Director Markets Department at Réseau de Transport d'Électricité (RTE)
• Riccardo Rossi Regulatory Affairs Senior Analyst, Gazprom Marketing & Trading, UK
EMART Energy dates and location:
Opening session: 26 November, 11.45 - 13.15
Conference and exhibition: 26-27 November
Location: Estrel Convention Center, Sonnenallee 225, Berlin, Germany