Munich, Germany, November 10, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- The seminar will take place on December 3, 2013, in Munich, Germany.
For this event, SGS has brought together a panel of EMC experts from Siemens AG, EPCOS AG and BMW Group as well as the company’s own experts, for a day packed with presentations and discussions related to EMC. The event will conclude with a tour of the SGS EMC, Product Safety and Environmental Simulation labs as well as the company’s Battery Testing House.
EMC Seminar - Agenda
The event’s agenda includes the following presentations, in chronological order:
- EMC as a Part of the Development Process – The Road to Compliance – Josef Bauer, SGS Germany GmbH.
- EMC-compatible Printed Circuit Board Design (termination, return currents, layer stackup, placement, routing, decoupling) – Karl-Heinz Schraink, Siemens AG.
- The Right Implementation of EMC Suppression Components and Filters - Dr. Stefan Weber, EPCOS AG.
- EMC Qualification of Vehicles and their Components (requirements, product specifications and system approval) – Thomas Dworznik, BMW Group.
- EMC Failure Analysis Methods – locate the sources of EMC interferences – Frank Schmiedl, Stephan Woessner, SGS Germany GmbH.
- EMC – Remedies – Examples from our Practical Experience (live demonstration) – Afrim Peci, Josef Bauer, SGS Germany GmbH.
SGS Laboratory Tour
After the presentations part, the seminar will conclude with a tour of the SGS lab in Munich. As part of the tour, participants will be able to take a close look at SGS’s state-of-the-art testing platforms for EMC, Product Safety, and Environmental Simulation (http://www.sgs.com/en/Consumer-Goods-Retail/Electrical-and-Electronics/Microelectronics/Testing/Environmental-Simulation-and-Analysis.aspx). The tour will also take participants to the SGS Battery Testing House.
EMC Seminar – Event Details
The event’s language is German.
Date & time: 3 December, from 9:30 am to 5:15pm.
Location: SGS Germany GmbH in Munich, located at - Hofmannstraße 50, 81379 Munich
To register, please contact SGS by November 22.
SGS Consumer Testing Services
E&E Consumers & Technology
Global Marketing Manager
SGS Germany GmbH
t: +49 (0)40 30 101 - 826
t: +49 (0) 89 787 475 447
f: +49 (0) 89 125 040 64 447
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 75 000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1 500 offices and laboratories around the world.