Spokane, WA, September 20, 2007 --(PR.com
)-- The last 12 months have been busy ones in mobile software development. The mobile device market has seen more new operating systems and devices released, new companies starting up, increased use of blogs and forums to help users evaluate devices and software, and further advances in the existing mobile technology. Olive Tree Bible Software is one company that develops Bible software for mobile devices, and they have been very busy adding new products to their catalog, tailoring their website to better meet their customers’ needs, and adding new features to their BibleReaderTM software. Below is a list of many of Olive Tree's major accomplishments over the last 12 months.
BibleReader and Resources
- Over 75 major resources added to their online selection, including MacArthur's New Testament Commentary, NIV Study Bible Notes, New Scofield Reference Bible, Oxford's Catholic and Jewish Study Bibles Notes, New Century Version, NASB 1977, CEV Learning Bible, plus 10 new pre-selected collections added to meet the needs of specific user-groups and provide discounted pricing, along with an option for customers to build their own software bundle at significant savings
- Dozens of existing resources updated to streamline their speed and functionality
- Added many new BibleReader features and enhancements to 11 supported operating systems
- Updates released for Original Language products
- iPod now supported
- Java cell phones now supported with local files
- Symbian series 60v3 now supported
- Symbian UIQv3 now supported
- Unicode font support, including new Unicode Hebrew fonts, in progress
- New Resource Title Project Management system launched and in use to help manage lots of publishers and titles. This includes tracking permissions, engineering, platforms, deployments and promotions.
- Text conversion process streamlined through acquisition/creation of new tools
- Website updated for easier navigation and browsing of products for a specific platform or device
- New web pages added to feature highlighted resources
- Olive Tree Blog started
- 12 user-friendly articles written for their exclusive Explore the Bible article series, to help users learn more about using the BibleReader application and related resources for Bible study and exegesis
- Learning Center launched providing users with a multimedia introduction to using the BibleReader application, including 20 new instructional videos on “how-to” tips for the BibleReader
- Over one-half a million downloads of free and purchased products
- Olive Tree was represented at the Frankfurt Book Fair, Expolit, CBA Advance, ETS/SBL, ICRS, and BEA
About Olive Tree Bible Software
Olive Tree Bible Software provides Bible versions and study tools for Palm OS, Pocket PC, Smartphone and Symbian cell phones, and BlackBerry devices. Web and online Bible search engines are also available. The BibleReader™ application enables users to read Bibles and other resources, quickly navigate to new references, search documents, bookmark passages, create personalized notes, and much more. The company publishes over 300 electronic resources including over 100 translations of the Bible, commentaries, dictionaries, devotionals, and Christian eBooks. The Bible is offered in many languages, including Chinese, English, French, German, and Spanish. Original Hebrew and Greek texts with parsing tools are also available. Visit www.olivetree.com.