Santa Fe Springs, CA, January 17, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- Plustek Technology Inc., a manufacturer of scanners and network video recorders, announced today its Plustek SmartOffice SC8016U document scanner won an Outstanding Achievement Award for “Value” from Buyers Laboratory Inc. (BLI).
“Once again Plustek brings significant value to the high-end scanner category by offering the robust feature set and fast speeds of a production unit for the price of an everyday workgroup scanner,” said Lisa Reider, BLI’s senior product editor for scanners. “Plustek’s excellent pricing on the SmartOffice SN8016U helps to bring fast, efficient scanning to virtually any price-conscious office environment looking to amplify their capture capabilities.
The Plustek SmartOffice SC8016U is an A3 (tabloid) sized 80 page-per-minute, duplex color document scanner that is fast, reliable and cost effective. Its ultrasonic misfeed detection ensures all documents are imaged correctly. Robust paper handling, advanced image processing and a 8000 page per day daily duty cycle make the scanner ideal for departmental, back office and production scanning for document management, content management and forms processing applications.
Key Points from Buyers Laboratory testing:
• Faster than average single-page black-and-white and grayscale speeds, and has virtually no speed slowdown in black-and-white mode when increasing the resolution from 200 dpi to 300 dpi.
• Higher than average OCR accuracy results for all documents tested
• Smaller than average storage footprint
• Based on its lower than average price and very good overall performance, BLI highly recommends the SN8016U for document-intensive departments looking for an affordable and robust high-speed scanner.
• Scans documents up to A3 (tabloid) sized
• Scan to Searchable PDF with the touch of a button
• Scan speed up to 80ppm/160ipm
• Scans plastic cards, insurance cards, license cards, and business cards up to 1.2mm
• 100 page ADF capacity
• 8,000 page-per-day duty cycle
• Single touch scanning
• Automatic advanced image enhancement
• Ultrasonic multi-feed detection
• TWAIN, ISIS and WIA drivers
About Buyers Laboratory
For over 45 years, Buyers Laboratory (BLI) has been the leading source for unbiased and reliable intelligence for the imaging industry. BLI is completely independent in all of our testing processes and subsequent reporting. BLI provides unbiased data and information. All of its product evaluations are conducted by highly experienced employees in on-site testing facility where they evaluate and report on hundreds of new copier, printer, fax and multi-function products each year.
A scanner and security device manufacturer, Plustek is ISO 9002 certified (since 1986) and operates in more than 20 counties around the word.