Lenexa, KS, February 27, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- This international conference will explore the field of Integrative Medicine in the treatment of mental health, autism, and related disorders. The current trial-and-error, poly-pharmacy approach to the treatment of psychiatric disorders may not work for everyone. Research studies have revealed that many disorders such as depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, and autism spectrum disorders often have dietary and biological causes which contribute to symptoms. Patients have better outcomes when these causes are successfully addressed and treated through a combination of specialized testing and nutritional therapies, even in combination with traditional approaches.
Practical clinical applications of nutritional therapies for the treatment of mental illness will be presented in detail during this conference. Pharmacological treatments and interactions will also be addressed. Numerous case studies will be presented to demonstrate how individuals respond to integrative treatments. Overall, the main focus of this conference is to give practitioners a whole body approach to successfully diagnose underlying issues contributing to the manifestations of neurological, social, and behavioral disorders. In addition, the integrative treatments for these disorders will be presented in detail.
New topics for the 2014 conference include:
· New concepts for the treatment of ADHD in children, adolescents, and adults
· Targeted supplements for mind, mood, and memory
· The importance of hormone optimization in the treatment of mental health
· New insights into the treatment of schizophrenia
· Diagnosing and correcting thyroid dysfunction
· Neuroendocrine and immune imbalance in depression and anxiety
· Breaking the cycle of the addicted brain
· The use of SPECT scan imaging
· Transcranial Magnet Stimulation (TMS) for the treatment of depression
New speakers to the 2014 conference include:
· Mark Filidei, DO, Director of Integrative Medicine, Amen Clinics
· Hyla Cass, MD, Diplomat of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN), and of the American Board of Integrative Holistic Medicine (ABIHM)
· Kelly Brogan, MD, Holistic Women's Health Psychiatrist
· Stephen Genuis, MD, Canadian Physician, Health Researcher, Author
For more information, visit www.MentalHealthConference2014.com.