Lenexa, KS, April 18, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- This international conference will explore the field of Integrative Medicine in the treatment of mental health, autism, and related disorders. The current trial-and-error, poly-pharmacy approach to the treatment of psychiatric disorders may not work for everyone. Research studies have revealed that many disorders such as depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, and autism spectrum disorders often have dietary and biological causes which contribute to symptoms. Patients have better outcomes when these causes are successfully addressed and treated through a combination of specialized testing and nutritional therapies, even in combination with traditional approaches.
Practical clinical applications of nutritional therapies for the treatment of mental illness will be presented in detail during this conference. Pharmacological treatments and interactions will also be addressed. Numerous case studies will be presented to demonstrate how individuals respond to integrative treatments. Overall, the main focus of this conference is to give practitioners a whole body approach to successfully diagnose underlying issues contributing to the manifestations of neurological, social, and behavioral disorders. In addition, the integrative treatments for these disorders will be presented in detail.
Reasons to Attend:
· Discover an approach to investigating and addressing persistent mental and physical chronic illness.
· Learn about the evidence to support considerations of nutritional factors and non-medication interventions for the treatment of depressive and anxiety symptoms.
· Recognize the impact of chemical exposures on individual and public health.
· Learn metabolic mechanisms whereby chemical toxicants induce harm and cause chronic illness.
· Gain familiarity with physiologic imbalances, modifiable through diet and lifestyle interventions that can manifest as depression and anxiety such as thyroid imbalance, dysglycemia, and food intolerance.
· How the optimization of hormones can eliminate the need for many psychoactive medications
· The critical role of thyroid hormone in mental health
· Demonstrate the power of real whole food, protein, and red meat for anxiety disorders.
· Demonstrate the effects of foods and nutrients with case studies
· Awareness of the utility of brain imaging in helping to diagnose and treat mental health conditions
· And more
Speakers at the 2014 conference include:
· Mark Filidei, DO, Director of Integrative Medicine, Amen Clinics
· Hyla Cass, MD, Diplomat of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN), and of the American Board of Integrative Holistic Medicine (ABIHM)
· Kelly Brogan, MD, Holistic Women's Health Psychiatrist
· Stephen Genuis, MD, Canadian Physician, Health Researcher, Author
· Trudy Scott, certified nutritionist, author of “The Antianxiety Food Solution”
· David Zeiger, DO, FAAFP
· Kurt Woeller, DO, Integrative Medicine Physician and Biomedical Autism Specialist
· William Shaw, PhD, Director of The Great Plains Laboratory, Inc.
· Louis Cady, MD, Founder of Cady Wellness Institute
· William Code, MD, Director of Medical Research for the National CCSVI Society
For more information, visit MentalHealthConference2014.com.
Integrative Medicine for Mental Health Clinician Registry
Attendance of this conference qualifies you to join the IMMH Clinician Registry, making you accessible to potential patients. Each entry is listed by country and state and provides the medical professional’s specialty and contact information. In keeping with the integrative approach, the registry includes all professionals who have attended an IMMH conference and completed an IMMH registry application. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join an amazing resource! Find out more about the IMMH Clinician Registry at immh.org.