Charlotte, NC, December 19, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Charlotte held its fifth annual Excellence Awards Luncheon to honor several members for their outstanding contributions. The awards spanned from “Member of the Year” to “Networker of the Year” to “Deal of the Year.” The luncheon was held on Tuesday, December 9, at the Ritz Carlton.
”The women we honored today have been the power behind our success and have allowed us to achieve our mission of influencing the success of the commercial real estate industry by advancing the achievements of women,” stated Bobbi Jo Lazarus, Elliott Davis and 2014 CREW Charlotte President. “They each embody our core values – commitment, excellence, leadership and passionate community involvement.”
Highlights of each award and recipient follow.
· Rising Star Award: Emily Buehrer with BLOC Design received the Rising Star award for her extraordinary contributions through her involvement in the Communications Committee and advancement of CREW’s social media presence since becoming a member in May.
· Member of the Year: Whitney Bauman, Marketing and Business Development Manager with MSS Solutions, was honored as Member of the Year, an award that recognizes a CREW member who has made an outstanding contribution to the chapter in 2014. Whitney was an active participant on the Programs Committee and co-chaired the Queen City in Pink Committee. Through her efforts, CREW Charlotte’s Queen City in Pink campaign had a record year with over 275 participating buildings.
· Networker of the Year Award: This award was presented to Carrie Sharp, Sales Partner at Indoff, for her demonstrated efforts as a master networker actively sending referrals and business to other CREW members.
· Outreach Award: Past CREW Charlotte President, Margaret Martin, CFO, MECA Realty received the Outreach award due to her service and promotion of the success of women in commercial real estate.
· Deal of the Year: This award recognizes a CREW Charlotte member who spearheaded a commercial real estate transaction including multiple CREW members and best exemplifies the capability to handle a commercial real estate deal from start to finish. The award was presented to Christy Nine, Vice President and transaction manager of CRESA, for completing the US Synergetic corporate headquarters relocation project in Fort Mill. Under an exceptionally tight deadline, the project team, which involved eight CREW member companies, delivered.
· President’s Choice Award: This CREW member or company made contributions throughout the year that were vital to the ongoing success of the chapter. It was presented to Wanda Townsend with Johnston Allison & Hord. Both Wanda and Johnston Allison & Hord have provided long-running contributions, and have been instrumental in the success of CREW Charlotte.
For more information about CREW Charlotte, visit www.crewcharlotte.org.
About CREW Charlotte
CREW Charlotte is a chapter of CREW Network (www.crewnetwork.org), whose mission is to influence the success of the commercial real estate industry by advancing the achievements of women. CREW does this by looking outward to bring more women into the industry, showcasing member successes and serving as a key resource to its members and the industry. CREW Network members represent all disciplines of commercial real estate — every type of expert required to “do the deal.” CREW Network is a national organization with over 8,000 members over 75 chapters across North America focused on promoting business, providing educational opportunities, and sharing information among members at local, regional, and national levels. For more information on CREW Charlotte, please go to http://www.crewcharlotte.org/ or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.